twenty-three

please play the following song for more feels <3

Ludovico Einaudi - Nuvole Bianche

___________

Eita didn't know what to do.

His head downcast. His dull, unkept hair brushed back against his forehead from the gentle, winter breeze.

It had been two months since Meraki's death, yet he never failed to visit her grave every day after school.

On some occasions, he would skip school just to visit her grave. Him and Tendou would bump into each other on many days, sitting next to each other by the white tombstone in complete silence.

However, when they were alone with her they had many stories to tell and many things to show.

Eita had brought his guitar whenever he wrote a new song, dedicated and written for her and of her. Some were melancholy, some were upbeat. It depends on his mood which seemed so easily stirred at the reminder of her.

"Hey, Meraki." Eita whispered, staring at the waves crashing together. The thick snow piling on top of the sand, pure white.

"I miss you."

Only the whistling of the wind was his reply. He smiled, his eyes fluttering shut. He gripped his scarf tightly. The soft fabric wrinkled underneath his touch.

Eita let out a laugh when the cool breeze touched his skin again.

Oh, how she loved windy days.

He traced the date and name engraved on the stone, realising that even staring at her name pains him.

And suddenly, he couldn't breath.

Tears fell from his eyes continuously. He tried so, very hard to suppress his sobs, resulting in him sobbing even harder.

Guilt, regret and disdain washed over him at the reminder of him receding his visits with her. He was too occupied with Briell, too happy that he had casted her aside with thoughts that she were only getting better.

It broke him whenever he imagined her laying alone in the cold, without anyone by her side.

But it shattered him the most when he found out that... he was the cause of her death.

Eita had pushed Tendou to the asphalt when they had bumped into each other to visit her grave.

Eita balled Tendou's collar in his fists, screaming and crying, trashing Tendou around.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" Eita screamed. Because he felt if he didn't hurt himself or someone; he would have lost his mind.

He needed someone to ground him.

He needed Meraki.

Tendou was too numb to even have a reaction, although a surge of anger flow through his vein. At how Eita was carelessly blaming him over her death, at how he's acting up when he's the one that was ignorant.

Tendou pushed Eita off in one smooth motion, letting Eita skid across the asphalt.

He didn't care if Eita had gotten hurt, even if they used to be in the same volleyball team.

"Shouldn't you realise that yourself?!" Tendou screamed, he screamed so loud Eita's mind drifted for a second wether or not Tendou's voice cords would tear.

"When you were seeing Briell, she started to wither." Now, it was Tendou who held Eita's collars. "Aren't you her best friend? Then why were you so reckless?!" With every sentence Tendou said, he jerked Eita back and forth.