Chapter 11

"No!" I shout grabbing her arms
"You're beautiful Maria, you are one of a kind, your baking skills are amazing I love everything about you, so.....
Please will you be my friend?"
__________________________________

Maria was shell shocked, she had never heard these words before in her life, no one had ever willingly wanted to be her friend, so why was Irene different? Maria was so happy that her tears overflowed

"Are you okay? Did I say something to upset you?" Irene asks with concern

"No, on the contrary, I also would like to be friends with Irene-sama" Maria smiled with joyfulness, this was the first best thing that happened to her in her entire life. Why was her heart beating so much?

"Well now that we're friends let's drop with the formalities, you can just call me Irene"

"Oh, I don't think I can do that, isn't it rude, you're of a higher status than me"

"It's okay, you are my friend after all"

"Okay, Irene" Maria says with sparkles in her eyes.

"Oh yeah Maria, please come visit me at my home some time"
Irene brings up.

"Your house, may I really?"

"Mmhm" Irene nods

"And would you also make me some sweets there too?"

"Of course!"

"Then it's settled, let's meet next week Tuesday"

"Okay!" Maria nods her head.

Irene grabbed her hands "I can't wait"

"Nee-san!" A voice shouted, Irene perked up. 'uh oh' she turned her head and peered though the door, her brother was there looking left and right for her, he wore a very worried expression.

"M-maria" Irene shakes and looks at her, Maria looked confused but then smiled as though she could read her mind.

Vlad p.o.v:

After nee-san ran off scaring me like that, I started looking for her every corner I could access. I looked through the gardens, no sign of her, I asked some maids if they had seen her but surprisingly not one had seen her, had she gone invisible? After searching for what felt like hours, I realized that I had lost my way, I started to feel scared. Nee-san where are you! That's when a sweet aroma passed my nose, cakes? And then it got me, Irene would definitely follow this scent. I followed the sweet smelling aroma and came across a white door, kitchen? Irene would definitely come here. Since she always does this at home.
I open the door and was met with Maria,
"Maria?"I call.

"Oh Vlad, fancy meeting you here"

"Y-yeah, what are you doing?" I ask looking around the kitchen.

"Oh I'm just baking some sweets, would you like some?" Maria asked holding some out to me.

"N-no thanks, I'm fine"

"Anyway, what are you doing here, shouldn't you be in the dining room?" She asks looking at me.

"Yeah, but my sister ran off, And I'm looking for her. You haven't by chance come across her....
Have you?"

"Oh you mean...Irene-sama was it? No I don't think I saw her, I was here the entire time after greeting myself" she said holding her hand to her chin.
" But why would you look here?"

"whenever the cookes are baking sweets she would follow the scent all the way to the kitchen, so naturally I thought that if there was a sweet sent of cakes then she would follow it" I got a tingling feeling in my chest, since when have I been so observant?

"You've changed Vlad" I look at Maria confused.

" Irene really changed your life, hasn't she" Maria said with a beaming smile, Maria was never this expressionative, did something good happen?

"Yeah, I guess she did, my life has opened up more since I met her, I always want to be by her side. She makes me feel happy"

"Me too" Maria whispered something barely audible.

"Did you say something?" I ask her.

"Oh, n-nothing" she said flustered and waving her hands.

At that moment I heard something coming from a nearby cupboard, I reached out to open it but Maria stopped me.
"I don't think you should do that, There was a rat roaming around and I trapped it inside there"

I cringed on quickly pulled my hand back.

"O-okay, well then I'll get going" I turn to the door and open it. I look at Maria as she was staring at the cupboard, she saw me facing her and she quickly  waved at me, 'suspicious' I thought as I left.

I left the kitchen and started walking, well that was very strange, as I was walking it hit me. Maria is terrified of rats. Why did she lie? Unless....

I quickly turn around and I see Irene sneaking away from the kitchen.

"Nee-san!" I shout and she started to run away, I ran after her.

"Nee-san wait, I'm not mad at you!"
She suddenly stopped running and I nearly ran into her.

"Your not?"

"Yes, I'm not"

"Really!" She said grabbing my hands and putting her face really close to mine.

"Y-yeah, I wouldn't get mad at  you over humiliating me by shouting that there was a wasp and making me scream like a girl, I would'nt ever get mad at you for that" I say that with a strained face, guess I was kind of mad.

"Are you sure, You're not making a very convincing face though" She said pointing at me.

"I'm not!"

"Okay okay" She said motioning with her hands.

"But I really am sorry"She said while patting my head. I blushed and felt a tingling in my chest again. I really like it when she pats me.

"I forgive you" I say while leaning my head more into her palm.

"Thank you Vlad! Now then time to take a bite" she started  scramaging through her Pouch and took out a piece of cake.

"Nee-san where did you get that?" I said pointing at the piece of cake.

"Oh, Maria gave me one" she said smiling " we baked some together, it was really fun"

I looked at her and then on the ground smiling. Now I understand, that's why she was more open to her expressions.

"You've really outdone yourself nee-san"

"Hmm... did you say something?"

"No" I said shaking my head.
She shrugged and continued eating her cake.
You really are amazing, nee-san, I'll always be by your side. Yet again another tingling feeling in my chest, what was this feeling?

"Should we go home now Vlad?"

"Yeah, let's" I smile at her.

MangaAnimeMe ❤️
Hey guys, what did you think of this chapter.

I hope you guys liked it,
Stay safe guys
Byeeee👋