Chapter 23

"Mother!!" Liliana shouted with tears in the corners of her eyes. Jia shaked Heliete with desperation in hopes that her Lady would wake up, but to no avail did Heliete show signs of awakening.

The commotion caught attention of the pursuers and they followed the sounds.

"Moth...mmfh..." Someone clasped their hands on Liliana's mouth enabling her unable to speak.

"Shhh...." Liliana rolled her eyes over to the one that clasped their hands on her mouth.
__________________________________

Her eyes were met with cold piercing eyes, Liliana tried struggling but the man held a knife to her neck, Liliana was apsolutely petrified as tears threatened to fall. She looked over to her front to see Jia running to her rescue but was held tight by an intruder. 'Jia!' Liliana mentally screamed.

"Grab the lady" the intruder that held Liliana spoke, a man on the right nodded his head and walked over to Heliete and picked her up and put her over his shoulder.

"Keep your hands off my lady!" Jia roared with rage, she struggled hard but the man pulled her hair and restrained her arms, Jia slumped to her knees and groaned with pain. Liliana started pouring tears, 'why was this happening?!' she thought in agony.

A few moments later, heavy footsteps were being heard as more of the intruders came storming their way, they were holding two figures whom Liliana did not notice at first but was horrified when she realised who they were.

Her eyes widened as she saw that Irene and Vlad whom were previously left behind were also in the hands of the enemy. She bit the hand of the man that restrained her, he groaned in pain and let go of her mouth. Liliana took this chance and called out to Irene. "Irene-sama!" She exclaimed, Irene noticed the sound and looked up her eyes widening.

"Liliana, they got you too!" The man that held Liliana squeezed her cheeks in rage, it hurt Liliana quite a bit as she wheezed in pain. "Shut it!" He said with coldness and cruelty in his voice.

"Liliana, are you alright?!" Irene shout asked and struggled to get her arms free but the man that held her pushed her to the floor hard "stay still brat!" He shouted and picked her up by the hair.

"Nee-san!" Vlad called with concern for his sister, he was enraged at the people who hurt his sister. "You bastard! You'll pay for this!" He shouted with pure venom, and out of the concept of what was going on "Vlad, language!" Irene spoke putting on her big sister mode.

"Sorry...." VIad said quietly while blushing out of embarrassment, Irene nodded in approval.

But the commotion that they caused did no good as they were infront of enemies that would hurt them, and such was happening as they were both held by the hair and told to be quiet once again.

"shut up you damn brat!" they roared with annoyance.

Vlad glared at the one that restrained him which only provoked the man further, he took a swing and gave Vlad a punch to the stomach, he groaned in pain and restrained the urge to throw up, anger was the fuelling inside Irene but she held the urge to lash out, 'I'll be sure to make you suffer the most' she thought as she clenched her hands into fists and stared daggers at the one who hurt Vlad.

"Now then, what to do with the lady? Do we kill her?"

"No, we're supposed to get  something that's in her possession"

"Oh, the watch?"

"Yeah"

"What's so important about a damn watch?"

"Beats me"

"So I check her pockets?"

"Yeah"

"Alright" A man walked over to Heliete and smirked, he checked Heliete's pockets to find nothing.

"Uhh, there's nothing here"

"Strip her then"

"Alright" he grinned evily.

At that moment Liliana's eyes widened, 'digusting, how disgusting!' she thought in her mind, her stomach twisted with vulgar thoughts.

'how dare they.....
How dare they!'  emotions started swirling around in her, purely rage. In a matter of seconds white light poured out of her body, the man that held her was surprised that light was seeping from her body.

"What the?..." Just as he said that the light got brighter and brighter almost blinding him, he let go of Liliana and covered his eyes.

"Ahhhh!" He screamed, the other intruders turned their attention towards the man.

"What's wrong?" One asked

"My... My eyes!... They're burning!" He screamed in agony and slumped to his knees.

Just then something else was emitting white light, it was coming from Irene's pocket. Irene looked at her pocket confused that's when she yelped at that something in her pocket that shot right out and landed in someone's hand.

That hand being Liliana's, her eyes were bright and her hair was floating against gravity, white light was shrouded around her entire being.

The men looked at her with pure awe, Liliana took one glance at them and furrowed her eyebrows in disgust and rage. She potitioned her right hand infront of the men and in a matter of seconds all of them were blasted against the wall, they groaned in pain.

But she wasn't done yet, she walked up to the man that nearly molested her mother, and kicked him right in the face breaking a tooth or two. Liliana then turned to the other men that held Irene and the others, and blasted them with light too.

Irene, Vlad and Jia were let free but they just stared at Liliana Jaw-dropped.
Liliana continued to beat the life out of the men to their near death. There was blood and screams of agony resonating throughout the room.

Irene was shell shocked,  she quickly ran over to Liliana " Liliana! " She grabbed her wrist just before she pounded another face, "what are you doing? that's enough "

Lilana looked at Irene and her eyebrows furrowed, she pushed Irene away from her and raised her hand, light was building up in her hand, Irene looked at Liliana with surprise "Liliana?..." she called, but Liliana wasn't listening, Irene's eyes widened and she quickly jumped out of the way evading Liliana's attack before it reached her.

" Liliana, what are you doing!? It's me Irene!" Irene shouted as Liliana continued to attack Irene.

"nee-san!"  Vlad called as he was running over to Irene,

" Ojon-san! "  Jia called as she too ran over,

"stay back! Liliana's not in her right mind right now" Irene said as she continued to avaid the attacks. They both paused in their tracks.

"I have to help the young lady!" Jia protested but was instantly denied by Irene.

" Just leave it to me, I'll make sure Liliana gets back to her senses" Jia stared at Irene distrustfully, She was determined to save her young lady, but before she could run to her side she was stopped by Vlad.

" Jia- san, just leave it to nee-san " he said with his arm blocking Jia, as much as he wanted to be by her side he had to put his faith in Irene.

Jia looked at Vlad and her eyes widened in shock and disbelief, Vlad was smiling, not a fake one but a genuine smile. He looked over at Irene, her movements were flawless, and she looked almost too majestic. Jia decided to take Vlad's words into consideration, she decided to put the slightest bit of trust in Irene.

As Liliana continued to attack Irene, and Irene trying to get Liliana back to her senses there was a blast of wind that came storming their way.  Irene turned her attention and to her horror a whole wall came crashing down onto the floor.

"What happened " Vlad asked in disbelief.

Just then someone came walking through the rubble, their steeps were loud not the least bit discrete. He walked up while a smirk was plastered on his face
"So this is where you've been hiding this entire time, right under my nose......"