chapter 3

It's been about 2 weeks and I try to interact with Vlad as mush as possible, he talks for a bit but then hurries away, out of fear maybe. I see him leave the castle everyday, 'where does he go?'

I was walking down the corridor when I saw Vlad walking out of father's study.
I walked over "morning Vlad, what's wrong". Vlad jumped when he heard me.
"Oh it's just you Irene" he said with relief.

I looked at him my head tilted and my hands behind my back.
"Are you okay?, What were you doing in father's study"

" Oh I just asked him about my swordsmanship training, I want to start as soon as possible"
" Swordsmanship huh, when you do get a tutor, make sure to ask me for help, okay"
He seemed surprised but nodded.
He turned around and started to walk away quickly. I called out to him, he turned at my direction slowly, " yes?"
I grinned at him" enjoy yourself outside and if you get in trouble just call my name and I'll be there, okay"
I say smiling sweetly. He seemed shocked but hurried away quickly.

One day I was getting too curious and decided to follow him, I know I shouldn't be stalking people, but hey! I'm just looking out for him, plus you get a lot of fun out of it.
He went to the village side and he met with another male. He looked familiar.
I continued following them. It was about 20 minutes and he met with a girl.
I swear I know them from somewhere but where? They continued walking and went to a beautiful clearing with a huge tree and flowers everywhere.
Wait I used to come here when I was younger.

They sat under a big tree, I swear I saw him smile and laugh genuinely a real smile. I was happy for him.
Then I saw something, it was..... sweets! I love sweets especially cupcakes. My mouth was watering and my tummy was rumbling.
Oh I wish I had some cupcakes.
I was gonna look closer when the ribbon on my hair got caught in the bush, I saw Vlad looking this way, he stood up and was about to come over when the girl called him, he hesitated and stared at my hiding place for a couple of seconds then walked back.  Phew! that was too close.
So this is where he went most of the time. I'm happy that he's having fun,
I'm satisfied now, I smiled and decided to head back to the castle.

It was about 10 minutes and I put my hand on my head, I was sweating because it was really hot. I then realized something , I can't feel my ribbon. Oh no! I think I left it back there, for some reason I started running back, it's just a ribbon right? Why is it so special,
I was really confused but for some reason that ribbon was precious to me, I didn't know why but it was.