New bonds

It's been about two weeks and Vlad and his friends have recovered. I walk down the corridor and stopped infront of their room. I open the door and am met with three people talking and laughing.

They seize their conversation as I walk into the room with a bright smile. " How is everyone" I ask walking over to Vlad's bed.

They exchanged glances and Vlad replies " just fine"

But I could tell by the tension in the room that I wasn't wanted. I was getting sick of this, can't they just act normal infront of me?
" I don't know what happened to you three in the past that made you not trust people, but I can assure you that you can trust me"

Vlad p.o.v

"Your lying!" I shouted. Irene looked at me surprised.

"What do you mean?" She asked tilting her head sideways.
" I know you didn't just save me, you want something in exchange" I say angrily clenching onto the bed. I don't want to believe in anyone anymore, if I do I know I'll be cast aside. No one wants to be around someone like me, so I can't form any ties. I'll end up being hurt again.

She then grins I knew it, they're all the same. I clenched my fists harder.
"Your my brother idiot" she laughed.
My eyes widened, I look up at her and saw her beautiful smile. It sparkled like the sun.
" I told you before that if you were ever in trouble, I would come running the moment you called me, right?" she said with a kind tone. 

My heart skipped a beat for the first time in my life, it wasn't the scared type but something else.  For some reason tears started falling down my face.

"W-what is this?" I say wiping my face. "Why am I crying?"
Irene looked at me surprised, great she's gonna laugh at me, like everyone else. But something unexpected happened, Irene took a step forward and wrapped her arms embracing me.

" It's okay, nee-san is here" she said in a soothing and gentle voice.

For some reason I hugged back, enjoying the embrace, when was the last time I felt this warm feeling? I lost count of the years,  I like this feeling, the feeling of being loved.

Irene let go and for some reason she was a bit red and sweating, her smile changed really awkward and I swear I could see her eyes spinning. She ran out the door. All three of us were confused and after ten seconds she barged back in with a wide grin.

" sorry about that, I forgot something" she said with awkwardness.
"Anyways how are you Jasper? and..... What's your name young maiden?"
Irene asked pointing at Maria.
Maria looked confused then realized what she was doing, " oh!,uh...my name is M-maria my lady!" she said stuttering. 'M-maria, what a strange name'
" Nice to meet you M-maria" Irene said smiling and bowing with a courtesy.

Jasper and Vlad glanced at each other and a sweat dropped,
" Irene-sama you do know I was s-stuttering r-right?"

"S-stuttering, what word is that?"
(´-﹏-';) 'she's an idiot as I thought' Vlad thought in his mind. Confusion was on Irene's face.

" Something wrong?"

" No (´-﹏-';).... everything is fine" I say tilting my head to the side.

Maria started giggling, Irene looked at her confused then Jasper started laughing, then finally I joined in too. We were all truly laughing together, not a single fake laugh. Irene looked super confused now " hey, what's so funny"
" You are'?" The three of us say in unison
" me?" She says pointing at herself,  "well people did Call me a silly comedian in the past, ah what can I say" she says putting her hands on her hips and giving a proud look on her face.
The three of us laughed even harder, " she said a silly comedian".
" Irene looked at them dumbfounded but felt left behind and also started laughing.

👍