Chapter 18

As Irene twirled around while taking in her surroundings, she heard a noise. She looked at the direction from where it came from, something was running towards her, almost too fast. And just before Irene could make out what was happening 'thump' something crashed into her and she fell onto the ground with a loud 'thump'.

She groaned and grabbed her head, her head was throbbing with pain as she fell hard. She opened her eyes slowly and was met with another face just inches away from her's.
_

________________________________

"Irene-sama?" The person whom was laying on top of Irene spoke in a very jaw dropped manner.

Irene immediately recognized the person and wrapped her arms around the said person "Liliana!" Irene said in with a joyful tone.
"I'm so happy to see you again!"

"Nee-san!" Vlad shouted as he came running towards them, his face turned pale when he saw Liliana's expression.

"You... Shouldn't" Liliana whispered which was barely audible, she broke the hug between herself and Irene and instead wrapped her arms around her body while it  quivered in fear.

"Liliana?" Irene called,
Liliana stared at Irene as her gaze resonated onto Irene's eyes. Liliana was in a very broken state, as though she experienced someone's death, she was on the verge of tears.

"Liliana, Whatever is the matter?!" Irene shout asked with  a worried tone, she reached out to Liliana to which Irene's surprise Liliana slapped her hand back.

"Don't come any closer!" Liliana shouted clenching onto her own hair. Irene was taken aback.

"You shouldn't be here!" She shouted while her tears burst out, her thoughts were all messed up and were messing with her emotions

That's when someone burst open the front doors and ran towards them. "Oujo-san!" The said person shouted. Liliana turned her head towards the call.

"Jia?!" Liliana asked in a confused manner.

"It's the mistress" Jia said  breathing heavily
"She's collapsed again!" Jia said on the verge of tears. That's when Liliana lost it, she hurried to her feet and ran inside with Jia right behind her.

Irene just sat there shell shocked, 'what the hell is going on here!?' she mentally asked herself. She looked at Vlad for answers but to her surprise Vlad stood there shivering. Irene was beyond confused now.

"Vlad?" She called and just like that Vlad too ran into the Balldock household. Irene just sat there dumbfounded.

Inside the Balldock manor*

"Mother!" A voice called as the doors were burst open, the said person ran towards a women whom was laying on her bed sweating and breathing heavily.

"Mother......" Liliana called with a very worried facial expression, she slowly walked towards the women. That's when the women spoke.
"L-liliana...?..."

"Yes mother, I'm here?" She replied standing beside her mother, Liliana reached toward her mother's hand and caressed it.

"How are you feeling mother? Are you in pain anywhere?" Liliana asked with worry and concern, while she wiped away her tears.

"Not to worry my child..... I'm f-fine" the mother said coughing and in a very weak-like state, she was barely able to speak.

"Mother...." Liliana cried.

"Liliana" a voice called, she turned her head towards the sound, her eyes widened.

"Vlad....."

Vlad walked towards them and stopped infront of the lady's bed.

"Lady Heliete....." He called while leaning onto the floor with one knee, and grabbing Lady Heliete's hand and kissed it.
Heliete slightly opened her eyes  and swelled up with tears upon seeing the face before her.

"Vlad......" She said as she started swelling up with tears.

"You're okay?" She asked astonished.

"Yes my lady" Vlad said with a slightly saddened smile, upon remembering the past.

"I'm so glad...." She swept up in tears, happiness overflowed her weak state.

"Mother, what happened today? Why did you collapse again" Liliana asked with a sorrowful face.

"I'm not sure myself"

"Mother?"

"Yes my child?" Lady Heliete returned her gaze towards Liliana.

"Have you been eating properly?" Liliana asked already knowing the answer, yet had a piece of hope.
Lady Heliete was silent. Liliana looked at her with worry and disappointment, she had constantly warned her mother to eat properly or this would continue to happen.

"I knew it mother"

"I'm sorry, my child" lady Heliete said while looking down.
Liliana sighed

"But one thing I'm confused about, no matter how much you don't eat you wouldn't faint this much..... would you?"

"I can probably guess what this is" a voice interrupted and walked in care freely. The said person steps echoing as as they hit the ground and got closer.

Everyone's gaze turned towards the door, a smirk plastered on the said person's face.

MangaAnimeMe ❤️
I hope you liked this chapter,
sorry for the late update I had things going on at home,
I hope you can forgive me 😭

But I managed to fit in some time to write this chapter,
I'm going to be late for the other chapters as well but hopefully I'll be able to continue my daily publishing soon.

If you guys are confused ojou-san means young lady.

Have a good day my fellow readers 😊

Bye-bye👋👋👋👋