Chapter 10

Two weeks have past since that little incident with Gerald , and the Jules family invited the Cantons to a tea party. It would be my first ever.

Me and Vlad have gotten closer as siblings, and to my surprise he greets me every morning with such a cute smile. I'm Soo lucky to have him as a brother, he's Soo adorable.

" Nee-san!"

I turn my head to the sound.
" Oh Vlad, how is my adorable brother doing" I say patting his head.

" Nee-saaan, stoooop" he says pouting.

"Okay okay"

We arrive at the tea party after a long ride in the carriage. Vlad and I walked to the entrance to be met by three young mistresses. They looked so beautiful.

" Thank you for coming to this occasion Irene-sama, Vlad-sama. I am the eldest daughter Shina Jules, to my right is Alpheena Jules the second eldest, and on my left is......" Shina glared at the girl to her left she was hesitant with her words then finally spoke.
" Maria Jules, the youngest " she said flustered, how cute.

" It's a pleasure lady Irene" the three girls say in unison.

" Thank you very much for inviting us, I am Irene Canton and over here in my younger brother Vlad Canton, we'll be in your care"
I say and we both courtesy.

"The the third daughter Liliana and only son Alan have gone to the royal capital as of yesterday and could not make it, my deepest apologies" Shina said with a bow.

"No no, it's quite alright. I'm just very happy to be here" I say waving my hands. She smiles and takes her leave with a courtesy.

We were taken to the dining room and I was met by Mr and Mrs Jules and a lot of other guests. I swear my mouth was practically drooling, there were a lot of sweets, I took no hesitation to sweep all the sweets into my rumbling stomach.

"Nee-san!" A voice called, I froze.

"Y-yes Vlad?" I ask while hurriedly hiding the sweets behind my back.

"What's that your hiding?" He asks lifting his eyebrow.

"Nothing!" I say shaking my head. He sighed
"How many times must I say, not to eat too much, you'll upset your stomach."
I slump my shoulders and put the cakes back. "Oookay"

If I don't make an escape while I still can, Vlad will not let his eyes leave me. He'll make sure I don't eat another bite, I can have that! Just then I came up with an idea, a very mean idea. "Vlad!" I shout.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Wasp!" I shout, he shrieked like a damsel in distress and that's when I made my grand escape. All eyes were on Vlad, sorry Vlad, but you gotta make sacrifices in life. Now to find more sweets.

I stopped running and realized that this wasn't the dining hall. Where the heck did I end up! I was panicking and that's when a sweet fragrance swept into my nose. What is this sweet aroma? I used my nose to find out where it was coming from, that's when I reached two white doors. Kitchen?

I opened the doors and peeked through it, I saw a young girl mixing something in a bowl, wait...
Isn't that Maria.

"Maria!" I shout.
She shrieked and dropped the bowl staining the bottom of her dress.
"I-Irene-sama?" She says confused and shocked.

"Ahh, I'm so sorry!" I say running over and trying to wipe the stains off with my hankerchife.
Maria stared at me for a second and realized what I was doing.

"Irene-sama, you shouldn't be doing this, I'll clean it myself" she said waving her hands and flustered.

"No no, I caused this so I'll take responsibility" I say being dead serious, I can't believe I did this to her beautiful dress, she looked so cute in it.

After a couple of minutes, I was able to take most of the stain off but you could still see some of it.

I stood up and wiped my invisible sweat, I smiled at Maria "all done" I look at her and my eyes widened.

S-she was crying!
"Maria!, What's wrong" I ask grabbing her shoulders.

"Are you going to tell my sisters about cleaning up a stain on my dress?" She asks with tears flowing down her face.

"No, why would I do that!"

"B-because everyone hates me. They'll take any chance they get to fib on me"

"But why!"

"That's because I have a different mother, and people hated her because she did something bad"

Why, why would they do that? Why would You hate someone because of their bloodline. That's just plain out crazy.

"Maria, look at me"
She raises her head,

"Your you, and your mom's her own self, you are both different people with your own special uniqueness. So no matter what your mother did, the blame should not be placed upon you "

She started crying again,

"Thank you Irene-sama" she said wiping away her tears.

"Anyway Maria, whatever were you doing in here?"

"Oh I was.......making some cakes" she whispered.

"C-cakes!" I shout which startled her.
"Amazing, may I please join you?" I ask her

"S-sure"

"Thank youuuu" I say super excited, I didn't make any cakes since I was reincarnated into this world.

We spent the next thirty minutes making lots of delicious cakes, it was soo fun. Maria was smiling and laughing through it all, I was happy she was enjoying herself.
When we were done we wiped our visible sweat.

"All done" I hold up my hand, she was confused and then realized what I was doing, she high fived me back.

With no hesitation I took the burning hot just out of the oven cooked cakes,

"Oww!"

"Irene-sama! are you okay?"

"Y-yes, just burned my finger"
When will I learn 😅, these are just out of the oven and I took them.

I blowed on the cake and and took a bite,

"Deeeelicous! Your amazing Maria" I could see her blush, so cute.

"T-thank you, but I didn't know you could also make cakes Irene-sama"

"Oh I used to make lots of cakes in the my previous life, especially my best friend"

"Previous life?"

I nearly choked on the cake when I spurted oh something I shouldn't have.

"Irene-sama!?"Maria started panicking when I was coughing alot. She quickly grabbed a cup and bright me some water.

"Phew" I say when I finished drinking, I look at Maria, she was super close to my face and that's when I noticed how beautiful her eyes were, they were dazzling.

beautiful" I let my thoughts out.

"What?"

I blushed "I'm sorry, I seemed to have let my thought out, but I must say, your eyes are the most dazzling things I have ever seen"

"They're not disgusting?"

I look at her confused,

"Whyever so?"

" I never liked my appearance, I was always made fun of, people always described me as something vile"

"No!" I shout grabbing her arms
"You're beautiful Maria, you are one of a kind, your baking skills are amazing, everything about you is amazing, so.....
Will you be my friend?"

MangaAnimeMe ❤️
Hey guys how did you like this chapter, I just hope I'm saying things right here. 😅

What do you think Maria's reaction will be,
Comment down in the comments section.

Byeeeeee
Have a safe day/night