Chapter 16

Friendships

Yesterday Irene had met Liliana and Alan by chance and had invited them to her house. She was extremely excited for today, Irene couldn't stop her jumping around. The maids tried to stop her as it was very unlady like, but she didn't listen. Eventually they gave in as she was acting too cute today.

Katherine knocked at Irene's door,
"My lady?"she called.

"Come in" Irene granted her permission to come in. Katherine walked in.

"My lady, Maria-sama is here"
And in a split second Irene jumped off her bed and ran for the front gates
"My lady!" Katherine called but Irene did not heed to her words.
Katherine sighed but then pulled a smile out of happiness towards Irene's usual bubbly self.

*At the front gates*
A carriage was parked outside the front gate and a small girl with a beautiful pink dress walked out of the carriage, she was holding a picnic basket and hat a small black hat on her head.

Irene came running out the gates and stopped infront of the carriage,
"Maria!" She shouted and ran to her friend giving her a very excited hug, Maria blushed and hesitantly hugged back. She was really excited for this visit ever since she had become Irene's friend, a whole new world had opened up to her.

*Previously after Irene left
Maria p.o.v

When Irene left, my heart started to ache, I didn't know why, I felt like crying out of both happiness and sadness. Irene was my first ever friend, her smile made my whole world made out of utter Darkness shine even if the slightest. I know that I shouldn't be this happy because I don't know if she really wants to be my friend but......
I will trust in her words, I know I can.

I looked at the kitchen desk where we were making sweets just moments ago. I pulled out a smile still imagining her there. I cleaned up the mess and peered through the door.
phew, the coast was clear, if my sisters saw me I would be in deep trouble.

And just when I said that I left the kitchen and turned around,
To see them, why, why do you show up now!

"Hahah, Shina-onii sama, look at this rag doll!" alpheena snickered pointing at me, I coward in fear.

"Yes, what a poor sight indeed" she said glaring at me with disgust.

"Seriously, again with your pathetic baking. You really are a Commaner!" Alpheena started laughing holding her tummy, I managed to glare at them, but Shina noticed

*Slap*

I felt a sting on my right cheek, Shina had slapped me and it hurt alot.
"Don't you glare at us with those ugly eyes of yours"Shina shouted and Alpheena laughed even more.

"Your just like that disgusting mother of your, why don't you go die like she did" she said as they both walked off.

I just stood there twitching and tried to hold the urge to cry, but it didn't work, I don't care how much they hurt me anymore!
At least I have someone that accepts me, I slumped onto the ground. I want to see her, I want to be strong like her, just like
Irene!

*Present*
Remembering what had happened she clenched onto Irene's clothing as she hugged her, loving the embrace, her first ever warm embrace. Even though she would always be embraced by her step-sister Liliana, they didn't see each other much, so this hug meant alot to Maria.

"Let's go in Maria" Irene said letting Maria go and leading her inside her home. Maria was fascinated by the Canton Manor, the place was filled with a warm and safe aura. She noticed that whoever they came across would greet Irene with a warm smile, and Irene returned it. Irene truelly was a light that was meant to shine, Maria smiled.

Irene led her inside and had her sit on a sofa in the lounge room, there were books everywhere and a sweet fragrance. Irene jumped on the seat beside Maria. Maria was shocked by the sudden movement but caught herself from falling, Irene apologized but Maria forgave her instantly, they both giggled happily.

That's when someone knocked on the door,
"Come in" Irene called.

"Nee -san?" A voice called and walked in.

"Oh Vlad, what's up?"

"Liliana and Alan are here" he said and two people walked in, Liliana had a beautiful yellow dress with some daisies on the ends, she had a bird necklace  which shone brightly as it dangled on her pale toned neck.

Alan wore a white t-shirt, with a loose necktie dangling around it,
And wore black dress pants. Very casual attire.

When Maria saw them, her jaw dropped, she ran over to Liliana and gave her a tight hug. She started crying
"Liliana nee-san, Alan onii-san"

Liliana pet her head, smiling and hugging her back, Irene smiled at the scene infront of her.

"What are you doing here?" Maria asked sniffling.

"Irene invited us you see?" She said waving at Irene while waved back. Maria looked at Irene with her tear stained face.

"Thank you, Irene-sama" she said with a beautiful and genuine smile plastered into her face.
Irene didn't know what she was thanking her for, but nodded nonetheless.

After the arrival of the Balldocks and Maria, they all had a ton of fun together. First they had a tea party, then played some golf, Irene even saved yet again another cat from a tree, and Vlad's constant worrying over his sister. They had such a great time that time flew by like a breeze.

As it was nearing the end of the day, or the sun was going down Maria walked over to Irene.
"Irene-sama?"

"Yes" Irene turned to her direction.

"Umm....uhh" Maria was fidgeting while trying to find the right words to say to Irene.

"Hmm?"

"Ummm..........
Here!" Maria handed Irene a basket,

"Ohh, what is it?"

"Umm.... I made some cake for you" she said fidgeting again, she had made them before arriving to the Canton Manor.

"Cake! Thank you, Maria" she said grabbing Maria's hands which made her flinch abit,
"I can't wait to eat it"

Maria smiled with satisfaction, "please tell me if I can make it any better, I want you to feel the full satisfaction of eating my cake" she said slightly blushing.

"Of course!
But anything made by you is delicious"
Maria smiled.

*Leaving*
As Maria and the Balldock siblings were getting ready to leave,
"Maria, Liliana and Alan, please come by anytime. The Canton Manor will allow you in any time" Irene said with a sweet smile. All three of them smiled blushing slightly.

"See ya, Alan" Vlad and Alan fist bumped.

They all waved goodbye.
"Well wasn't today fun?" Irene asked as they both turned around walking back inside.

"Yeah" he smiled
"Except you climbing trees" he said giving Irene a look, she dropped a sweat.

In a carriage, a girl clenching her chest with all sorrow and worry, the darkness swirling around  within her ready to burst out,
Her heart wept as she silently cried in the arms of another, why did she worry so?.....

MangaAnimeMe ❤️
Hey guys,
Sorry for late update,
Stupid online classes ruining my life💢

But nonetheless,
I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Byeee
👋👋👋👋