Chapter 28

Before you all start reading please read this message
This chapter contains violence, rape and mature content. So anybody who feels uncomfortable reading them, please stay away. The mature content comes in the flashback part. I have tried to cut down the cruel parts, but still I couldn't totally skip it as this chapter is important for story. At the end of story, I have given a small summary of that mature content part if you have skipped it.

One week later

After the engagement party, there wasn't much interaction between Raizadas and Khushi's gang. All were busy in work and marriage preparations. The elders used to talk to each other to decide about the preparations. The youngsters were busy in arrangements.

Sheetal was annoying the hell out of Raizadas with her demands and behaviour. The Raizada men royally ignored her. Anjali also didn't gave much thought to her antics. But Nani and Mami were annoyed. They cursed themselves for ever thinking her to be a sweet, classy and good girl. She is anything but sweet and good. And her greed is intolerable.

She kept on demanding expensive things and cash from them. Arnav and Akash had clearly denied to fulfill any of her demands. So without any option, Nani and Mami had to do it from their money. Nani's monthly allowance and savings which Arnav gives for her expenses were exhausted. Even major part of Mami's monthly allowance was given to Sheetal. But Mami kept a small amount separately for shopping wedding dress and jewelleries for herself. Ever since Sheetal has found out about that, she is playing her tricks to get that money from Mami. So a cat and mouse game is going on between them.

Finally it was time to start the actual marriage function. All the guests, relatives and friends of both the families had arrived to attend the functions. Even Manorama's kitty party friends were also given special invitations. Lavanya and NK's families also came. Manorama wanted her sister to be with her during functions. But NK's parents preferred to be from groom's side.

Today was the first ritual of the marriage. Morning it's Tilak Ceremony and Shagun and evening it's Ganesh Pooja, officially marking the starting of marriage rituals.

Tilak Ceremony will happen in Randhawa Mansion where Raizadas will come to do Tilak Ceremony. The Bride is not allowed in Tilak ceremony, so Anjali will stay back in Raizada villa. After that  A-K-G-R family alongwith Raizadas will go to Raizada Villa to give Shagun to Anjali. Then in evening, Ganesh Pooja will be held in the temple among the family members.

Morning itself, everyone was ready for the functions. First Raizadas came to Randhawa Mansion to do Tilak ceremony. Sheetal didn't come as she was not interested in the rituals. When they arrived, the Pandit was already present and all the arrangements were already done for the function.

Raizada family alongwith their relatives came with gifts. Then all settled down for the function. Samar sat on a decorated stool at one side of havankund (Holy fire). The Raizada family sat on the other side on stools. Everyone sat around.

First Manohar and Manorama did Samar's tilak in place of Anjali's parents. Then the Pandit started the rituals and mantras. After that Arnav and Akash did Samar's Tilak. Then gifts were given.