Chapter 5

Same night, 8pm

Khushi was in her room talking in phone while gazing the sky through the windows.

Khushi (on phone, smiling and giggling): Yes baby. I miss you too. I love you too.

Khushi was engrossed in her conversation that she didn't realize what impact her words have made on the person standing at the entrance of her room.

Arnav had came to Khushi's room to call her for dinner. Entering inside he saw Khushi talking in phone standing near the window. Her back was facing towards him. She was wearing a simple kurti and leggings but still fashionable.

She was so engrossed in her talk that she didn't realize Arnav standing there. While Arnav was busy oggling her that he forgot why he came there.

But her words shattered him. Her saying that she loved somebody else made Arnav's heart beat a hundred times faster. A thousand questions came in his mind. Who was she talking to. What is her relation with that person. Is it a him or her. If it is a him, then does she love him. Had she moved on in her life. Does she have someone else in her life. Had she stopped loving him. Is she here for finishing everything between them. Is this the end of their relation. Is she going to leave him forever again. Arnav felt his heart feeling heavy with each passing minute.

While Arnav was lost in his thoughts, Khushi turned around after cutting the call and saw him. She frowned seeing him lost that too standing inside her room.

Khushi came and waved her hands in front of him breaking his thoughts. She could understand what was going on in his mind.

Khushi: Mr Raizada, what are you doing here.

Arnav :huh

Khushi: What are you doing here in my room

Arnav: Woh woh I... I... Yeah I came to call you for dinner.

Khushi: Then don't you know you shouldn't enter inside someone else's room without knocking especially a girl's room.

Arnav: Woh I am sorry. The door was open so I entered.

Khushi: OK then. I am leaving it for now. Don't repeat it.

Arnav: Yes. I will keep in mind.

Khushi: Fine, then let's go.

Arnav (confused): Where???

Khushi (frowning): What happened to you Mr Raizada. Of course for dinner. You came to call me for that right.

Arnav: Yeah yeah I am sorry. I was just thinking something.

Khushi: It's OK.

With that both started going down. Arnav was all the time thinking about the person to whom Khushi was talking on phone. Finally not able to take the curiosity and uncertainty, he decided to ask her straightforward.

Arnav: Hmmm. Um  Who was the person to whom you were talking to on phone.

Khushi frowned hearing the question. She stopped walking and looked at him with raised eyebrows. Arnav gulped seeing her looking at him like that. But he couldn't give up so easily.

Arnav: Woh I was asking because you looked so happy talking to that person. Seems like he is someone very close to you.

Khushi could easily understand what is going on in his mind. But nevertheless she decided to answer him truthfully.

Khushi: Yes, he is a very special person in my life. I love him more than anything and anybody in this world. He is my life.

Hearing her words Arnav felt his heart shattering. She loved someone else more than anything. Even more than him. He couldn't take it. Khushi saw the myriad of emotions passing through his face hearing her reply. She knew what he was thinking. But she didn't bothered. The answer was simple: when he never bothered about her emotions then why should she.

Without saying anything, Khushi walked away from there. After composing himself Arnav also went behind her few minutes later.

Reaching the dining table, both saw Sheetal sitting at Khushi's seat once again. Seeing that Arnav's blood boiled. But before he could shout at Sheetal, he saw Khushi going and sitting in his seat. Shaking his head, he also occupied the empty seat beside Khushi.

Few minutes later, Payal came and sat on the empty seat beside Akash which was usually occupied by Anjali while the other seat beside Akash is occupied by Manorama. Seeing her sitting there, Manorama started to say something but before she could say anything, Nani signalled her to stay quiet. Unwillingly she had to obey her.

Few minutes later, Anjali came out of the kitchen with HP carrying the dishes. After keeping the dishes on the table, she went and sat on the empty chair beside Arnav while HP served the dishes to everyone.

Sitting on the chair as the head of the family, Nani looked around the table. This was the first time she was seeing her whole family sitting and having food together. Otherwise earlier, either Payal or Khushi would be running around the table serving while others ate. She don't remember ever seeing Payal having food with them as all the time she would be running here and there trying to fulfill Manorama whims and wished.

The realisation itself was painful. The reality that even after being the elder of the family she never paid attention to such small things happening around her was painful. But what can she do. Whatever happened has happened. But she is determined. Now onwards she won't allow any injustice to happen to any of the daughter in laws. She will make sure of it.

Sheetal was trying to make Khushi weak by sitting in her seat so that she remembers the past. But when Khushi didn't showed any emotion and sat on the adjacent seat, she was shocked. But she quickly masked it.

Sheetal was observing Khushi very closely. But she couldn't find a single thing using which she could taunt her. Everything Khushi did screamed such class and elegance that Sheetal was left to wonder if she was the same girl that she met three years back. At that time it was such a cakewalk to manipulate Khushi but today she wondered if any of her tricks would ever work on her.

Finally after waiting for long Sheetal got the perfect opportunity to taunt Khushi when she saw HP serving jalebis for dessert. She knew about Khushi's fondness for jalebis. Khushi could never resist jalebi. Even in past she used to taunt her for liking for oily and spicy food.

But when she saw Khushi politely refusing to have jalebi, she was shocked. She had always heard stories about Khushi's liking for this particular delicacy. Now seeing her refuse that she was surprised. Not only her all others present in the dining table were shocked.

For a moment they even felt that she is not their Khushi itself because the Khushi they all know can never refuse jalebi whatever the situation may be. Seeing her plan flopping, Sheetal couldn't control her anxiety and voiced her doubt.

Sheetal: Khushi why what happened why are you not taking Jalebi.

Khushi (frowning): What? What is the problem. I don't like sweets much so I refused it. What happened, is there any problem? Also call me KAG, I don't like people calling me with my first name other than my family and friends. And you are none of it.
(Turning to Arnav) Mr Raizada, you didn't introduce her (pointing at Sheetal) who is she? Is she your wife?

Arnav (shocked and horrified): What?????  No no no. She is not my wife. She is just a friend. She just stays here.

Khushi: Oh. Fine then I will take my leave. I am tired and so I am calling it a night. We will meet in the morning tomorrow. Good Night everyone.

With that Khushi left for her room. Few minutes later, Payal also left after wishing everyone good night. Others looked at each other confused at the turn of events. Later everyone retired to their rooms one by one. Finally after cleaning everything HP also retired to his room.

After three long years, every member of the Raizada family slept a peaceful sleep. Even though they know a storm is coming their way in the form of KAG and PAG, everyone decided to conveniently forget it for a night and just sleep peacefully remembering only about their newly found happiness on return of Payal and Khushi.

So that is it. So who do you think was the person on phone. Was he Khushi's boyfriend or husband. Did Khushi actually moved on in her life. Then what is going to happen to Arnav. What will happen to their relation. Would it break forever. Would Arnav and Khushi be separated?

Please comment. Only if comment I will write more. Regarding other stories it will take time. For updates please comment.