Chapter 17

Few days later

Everything was calm in these few days. Apart from a little tiff between Anjali and Sheetal regarding money, everything was fine. Apparently Sheetal was using the money that Anjali used to give her to pay the private detectives that Sheetal had claimed to appoint for finding Arav, for her own expenses. But now Anjali refused to give money.

After Arav went missing, Sheetal tried to get everyone's sympathy using his name. Arnav and Akash started staying aloof from everyone and just concentrated on finding Khushi and Payal and their work. Sheetal claimed that since Khushi went missing because of Arav and her, Arnav won't be interested in finding Arav.

Even though Arnav had appointed detectives to find all three of them, the detectives would be mainly focusing on Khushi and Payal. So Sheetal wanted to appoint another detective to find Arav. Then she started her drama of having no source of income, her economic conditions are poor etc.

This melted the heart of Raizada ladies even though Arnav wasn't bothered. They were worried about the safety of the little boy. So Anjali decided to help her and started giving her money to pay the detectives. Sheetal started using the money lavishly for her own expenses.

And whenever the Raizada ladies used to get suspicious on her or questioned her about the money and progression of detective's work, she used to shed her crocodile tears. She used to start emotionally blackmailing them that they are not bothered about Arav. They must be hating Arav and her as because of them Khushi left house. They were just burden on them. They must be wanting to get rid of them so that only they are asking about money.

Hearing that Raizadas used to feel uncomfortable. So they later stopped asking her about what she did with money or whether she got any information on Arav. But now since Arav came back, Anjali refused to give Sheetal money. Sheetal tried convincing that there were some pending payment of the detectives.

Then Anjali asked her to pay it from the money that she used for shopping and clubbing. Sheetal tried convincing her but Anjali was adamant on her decision of not giving money. Sheetal even tried gaining sympathy by saying that Khushi had snatched her only hope in life (Arav). But Anjali didn't budge, an argument happened between them. Finally not seeing any way to get money, Sheetal left from there frustrated.

It had been three days after that incident. Arnav and Khushi were in office attending a meeting with the investors of their venture. Khushi was feeling uneasy from the morning like something bad was going to happen. Ignoring it, she came to office for attending meeting.

But since the last few minutes, the uneasy feeling had increased. A fear was slowly creeping in her heart. Her instincts were warning her about some danger but she couldn't understand what it was. Arnav has noticed her disturbed from morning itself. He wanted to ask but didn't as he couldn't predict her reaction.

When after few minutes the fear and anxiety became unbearable for her, Khushi excused herself in pretext of using washroom and came out of the conference room.

Arnav seeing her disturbed and worried followed her out giving excuse. Coming out from the conference room, Khushi immediately took out her phone and dialed Payal.

Tring Tring

Phone Conversation
Shantivan, living room
Payal (picking up the hall): Hello

Khushi (slightly worried): Hello, Di. Di, where are you?

Payal: Kuku, Are you OK? You sound worried.

Khushi: Yeah Di, I'm fine. You tell me, Are you OK. Where are you.

Payal: I'm fine Kuku. I am in Shantivan only. I was doing some work in laptop. I am sitting here in the living room. Why, what happened? Why are you asking this all of a sudden.