Chapter 22

Next day morning

All the Raizadas were sitting in the dining hall of their villa having their breakfast. Everyone was lost in their own thoughts. The previous day after coming back home, Arnav had told everyone about the conversation that he had with Khushi and also about her real identity.

The sound of the calling bell brought everyone out of their reverie. HP ran to open the front door. Others also came to living room to see who had come. As soon as the door opened, everyone saw a widely smiling Khushi standing there.

Raizadas were confused seeing her at their home early in the morning that to with a smile. Khushi entered inside and looked at the confused faces of the Raizadas.

Khushi (cheerfully): Good Morning my dear in laws.

Raizadas were shocked to hear her addressing them as in laws, when till the previous day she refused to even acknowledge knowing them. They stood rooted to their spots not knowing what to do.

Khushi (frowning): What happened? Why are you all gawking at me like I am some species from some other planet. Atleast wish me back.

Arnav (shocked): Khushi...

Khushi: Yep, my dear hubby.

Arnav: Khushi, what happened.

Khushi (frowning): What happened...  nothing. Why are you asking like that?

Arnav: Why are you behaving like this?

Khushi: Like what? I am not getting what you are trying to say.

Arnav (taking a deep breath): Like you are so happy. Like nothing happened. Also you are calling us as your hubby and in laws.

Khushi: What happened? Can't I be happy? Can't I call you hubby and in laws? Is there any problem?

Arnav: No, no, no problem. You can call us as you wish. But you are behaving as everything is fine all of a sudden. Till yesterday you were not even ready to recognize us. But now you....

Khushi: Oh that. Till yesterday I.... (looking back at Payal who was standing there) well we were not that Khushi and Payal who were your wives. But after I had told you about our identities, about which I am sure you must have told others as well, I don't think there is any necessary for us to behave as if we don't know you.
Anyways leave all that. I forgot to tell you the reason for which we came here early in the morning. Actually there is a party at my home day after tomorrow. You see like a cocktail party. Since after next week we have to start with all the pre wedding rituals and all. We decided to keep the party next week.

Arnav: Party?

Manorama: Hello Hai Bye Bye, Party?

Khushi: Yeah. A small get together between the family and friends. Don't worry it's nothing. Well since some important guests are also coming, we should be prepared. You know these high society people and their ways of living. So we have decided to go for a colour coded party and the colours are black and red. So I thought maybe you guys might want to go shopping. So we are here to take you guys for shopping.

Payal (coming forward): Yeah. So you guys go and get ready we will leave in half an hour. We have to reach the mall before the morning traffic starts. Also Samar Bhayya will reach the mall with kids. So we don't have time to waste. Get ready fast. After picking up the jeweleries, accessories and other things. We also have to go to KAG's showroom to select the dress and give the measurements so that we can get the dresses on time.

All this time, the Raizadas were looking at them with confused expressions. They couldn't understand their behavior. On minute, they behave like they hate them and the next minute they will be all OK and would behave like they are so happy and excited about the marriage. What do they really want?

Arnav was looking at Khushi the whole time. She told him about her identity the previous day. Also he had seen her anger and hatred towards him. But why is she behaving normal now? He was confused. He couldn't understand her intention in doing all this.

He was scared of this uncertainty. Somewhat he feared for his sister. He couldn't understand Khushi's motive in getting his sister married to her brother. Is she trying to take revenge through his sister. Is that what she wants? But he couldn't believe that his innocent and loving Khushi could do something like this to take revenge. But then he couldn't even identify this new Khushi. She seems to be someone different altogether.

Arnav (confused and little uncertain): Khushi...

Khushi (smiling widely): Yeah, Arnavjiiii...

Arnav: Khushi, what are you doing? Why are you doing this?

Khushi (innocently): What did I do, Arnavji?

Arnav: You very well know what you are doing? Khushi, I couldn't understand you. One moment, you behave like you hate us and the next moment, you are all happy and start preparing for Di and your brother's wedding. If you hate us, if you hate Di, then why are you doing all these wedding preparations and behave like you are happy.

Arnav's question left everyone tensed and scared. Whatever answer Khushi was going to give would change a lot of things. All their lives are just hanging in her answer. They knew the answer was going to hurt them someway or another. But they needed it because the uncertainty about what was going to happen was killing them.

Khushi, on the other hand, stopped smiling hearing Arnav's question. She was  silently looking at Arnav's chocolate brown eyes to which she once fell in love. Whereas Arnav was also looking at her new silver blue eyes which held many emotions but still shielded the answers that he was searching in them. It didn't let him read the emotions that she carried in her heart like her fake hazel eyes which used to show him all the love and care that he held for her. Her silver blue eyes were mirror to her heart but he couldn't read even after trying whereas her fake hazel eyes showed all the feelings that she felt for him which he failed to read. Both time he failed to understand her.

Short update. Sorry. But what to you think will be Khushi's answer.

Please comment.