𝓹𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝔂

In honor of 1K reads, here's an extra long chapter. Thank you! XOXO, B

Narrator's POV

Harry Potter, the boy who lived, was currently watching Berkley Black. He watched in envy as Mattheo Riddle, Voldemort's son, twirled her around in the snow. He watched Berkley throw her head back in laughter when Draco Malfoy hit Theo in the back of the head with a snowball. "Harry?" Harry turned his head, facing Ginny. "Are you alright?" She asked. "I'm fine Ginny." Harry replied, coldly, and turned his focus back to the girl.

Berkley's brown hair looked black as it became wet with the snow. Her brown eyes shone in the sun, making Theo's heart melt. Mattheo Thomas Riddle swore he would never fall in love. But that was months ago. Mattheo's heart fluttered every time he was around Berkley. She never failed to make him certain that she was all he needed and more. 

Harry wasn't envious of Mattheo's looks, no, he was envious of his girlfriend. Harry despised Theo. Harry had always had a crush on Berkley Black, much like the ginger twins. The twins had moved on already, knowing very well that Berkley was with Mattheo, and they respected her for that. But Harry couldn't accept the fact that Berkley chose Mattheo. "Which is stupid." Hermione had said, "Because Harry never even tried to make a move." 

Which Harry lived in regret of that choice, because now the girl he loved was dancing with the enemies son, in the snow, in his sweater. Harry was still watching when the group of six came back in from being outside, laughing with snowflakes on their eyelashes, walking right past the Gryffindor table, right past Harry, without so much as looking at him. 

Professor Snape watched Harry's face turn from lust, to disgust. "I hate them. They think they're so much better then everyone else." Harry said. Making Professor Snape's expression turn into amusement. "Harry, they're still kind towards us even though we aren't friends." Hermione snapped, sick of Harry's comments. "Right now mate, I think you're the one acting like garbage." Fred said, with George adding a, "No offense." 

Harry rolled his eyes. "For your guys information, they do, look at them-" They all turned their heads, to see Berkley and Theo helping Neville who had just dropped his books. Harper and Draco were currently helping Adrian Pucey get food, because his arm was broken, due to Quidditch. And as for Lorenzo and Luna, they were reading a book together. "Mate, we're all sick of this. Leave them be." Ron said. 

Professor Snape merely let out a chuckle, and walked out of the Great Hall. He understood what Harry was going through, when Berkley didn't have many friends, she mostly would talk to Harry. She never ditched him or anything, because they weren't really even friends. Acquaintances. But Professor Snape had the same thing happen to him with a girl. He let it go right away though, that's the type of person Snape was.

Mattheo's POV

"It's really no issue, Neville, we picked up your books." Berkley said, smiling at the shy boy. "I know, I know, but thank you." He said, making quick eye-contact with me. Berkley noticed I intimidated him. "Neville, this is Mattheo. I'm sure you've heard." Berkley said. I smiled softly, and stuck out my hand. Neville hesitated, but stuck his out and shook mine. "Nice to meet you Mattheo." Neville said.

"Pleasure's mine." I said, smiling down at Berkley. "Hey, you're really good at Herbology, aren't you?" I asked, remembering something. "Um, yes, I don't like to boast though." Neville said. I chuckled. "You're not boasting, but I believe Lorenzo needs a tutor, he's not as intimidating as me I promise." I said. Neville let out a light laugh. "Alright, that's u-um fine." He said.

I smiled. "Good. Enzo!" I called. Lorenzo looked up from his book, and kissed Luna's forehead before coming over here. "Hello, Neville, Right?" Lorenzo asked, shaking Neville's hand. "Yes, that's me." Neville said. "Spectacular. Did you need something Theo?" Lorenzo asked me. "If I remember correctly, you needed help with Herbs?" I asked. Lorenzo nodded, "Actually I do."