𝓼𝓪𝓵𝓽

"Come on Harry, hit me." Berkley insisted. Harry rolled his eyes and raised his wand. "Stupefy." He cast, not prepared for Berkley's comeback. "Protego." She muttered, casting her own spell. Harry flew back a little, catching his balance before dusting himself off. "Not bad Black." He mumbled, smiling at Berkley.

The group had been practicing with each other for weeks, involving Harry's friend group as partners. The Death Eater's haven't made a move, so it gave them all the more time to practice. "Thank you Harry." Berkley replied, picking up her bag. "Ex-" "Stupefy." Berkley said, pointing her wand at Harry. 

After getting back up, Harry chuckled. "I should've known you would've seen that coming." He teased. Berkley smiled. "Thank you Harry, I really do appreciate it." Berkley said, getting ready to leave. Harry nodded. "Of course. Listen I'm really sorry about last year-" "Don't worry about it." Berkley said, turning around. 

"How's Ginny by the way?" She asked. "Oh we're good." Harry replied, smiling at the ground. "She's really great actually." He said. Berkley laughed. "Good, I'm glad." She said, turning back towards the door, and putting her hand on the knob. "Hey-" Harry cut off, running back towards her. "Yeah?" Berkley asked. "Can we at least be friends?" He asked.

"Harry, I think we already are." Berkley said, opening the door and smiling before leaving. Harry stood in the doorframe with a grin on his face. Berkley pulled her cloak over her head, walking through the tall field of grass that surrounded the Burrow. She made her way through Hogsmeade, trying to get back to her own home. 

"Don't worry about it. I'll find them." Berkley pressed her back to the wall, peeking around the corner. Brianna Lestrange stood with her wand in between her fingers, right next to Borgin and Burkes. "Well, you better hurry." Regulus snapped. "We don't have much time." He muttered. "Where did you bury the girl?" Brianna asked.

"In a field." Regulus replied. Berkley covered her mouth. Harper. "Good, that should hide her for now." Brianna whispered, twiddling her fingers before walking towards the wall where Berkley stood. She looked at her feet, letting her cloak cover her eyes. "Oh! Hello there." Brianna said, running straight into Berkley. 

"Hello." Berkley mumbled. "My apologies.." Brianna muttered back. "No worries." Berkley replied, scrambling away from the woman. She kept walking until she got back inside the house. "How'd it go?" Blaise asked. "Good, until I ran into Brianna." Berkley said, pulling her cloak off. 

"Funny." Blaise said, taking a drag from his cigar. "Shut up Blaise, I'm not kidding." Berkley pleaded. Blaise nodded. "Mkay, where were they then? Hmm?" He asked. "In Borgin and Burkes." Berkley mumbled. "Why the bloody hell were you over there?" He asked. "It's on the way home from the Burrow you twat."

Blaise nodded. "Right, well it sounds like you might want to mention that to Mattheo." "No Blaise, I was going to keep it a secret." Berkley taunted. Blaise chuckled. "What's wrong with you?" Berkley asked. "Boo." Berkley turned around, where Kol Berkshire stood. "Hello love." He whispered, before hitting Blaise on the back of the head. 

"What do you want?" Berkley asked, pulling her wand from her cloak. "Ah, I have a to-do list actually." Kol said. "First, kill you." He said. "Then, the rest of your friends." He cheered, clapping. "Surprise?" He asked. "You asshole." Berkley breathed. "What? You're not surprised for me to be here?" Kol asked.

"Not at all actually." Berkley said, folding her arms. "We knew you'd come bitch." Blaise said, getting off the floor. Kol looked around curiously. "Want to know what's on my to-do list?" Berkley asked. Kol licked his lips, backing up slowly. "First, kill you." She said. "Then?" Blaise asked. "The rest of his friends." Berkley spat.

Kol reached for the doorknob, twisting it and turning around. "Gotcha." Draco said, blocking the doorway. Kol turned back around, where Theo stood, twisting his wand. "Boo." Luna said, appearing on his other side. Kol grabbed his wand, pointing it at the girl. "You're first to go Luna Lovegood." He muttered, "Ava-" "Avada Kedvra." Lorenzo said, from the top of the stairs.

"One down, let's not count the rest." Lorenzo muttered, shoving his wand in his pocket. 

--

The boys wrapped Kol's body in Christmas wrapping paper. "They're gonna kill us." Berkley whispered. Draco laughed as he stuck a big red bow on Kol's head. "After they see what we did." Theo added, taping streamers to his stomach. Lorenzo snorted. "It's not funny." Luna said, folding her arms. "Oh come on darling." Blaise said, tying a rope around his neck.

"We won't get killed." Draco promised. "We're just gonna hang him outside Borgin and Burkes." Lorenzo added, with a chuckle. "We're coming you know." Berkley said, tying her cloak. "That wasn't a part of the deal-" Theo interrupted. "Shut up." Luna said, pulling on her own. Blaise whistled. 

Theo smirked at the ground, before laughing at his friends. Berkley grinned herself, pulling her cloak over her eyes. "Let's go." She mumbled. 

So, the group carried the body all the way to Borgin and Burkes, where the only light seen was a candle in the front window. "Hang it here." Draco whispered. Berkley tied the rope to the sign, grabbing everyone's hands before Theo knocked on the door. Regulus stumbled to the door, rubbing his eyes. "Surprise?" Theo asked.

Blaise hooted before Berkley apparated them back to their house, leaving Regulus screaming for Lucius. Brianna and Milly ran to the door as well, their nightgowns flying behind their feet. "Merlin, those are some mad wrapping skills." Brianna whispered. Milly hit her in the head. "There's a note." Lucius mumbled, grabbing the parchment.

Regulus
Milly
Lucius
Brianna
Kol: Check.

-Love, your favorite son, 
Draco.

Brianna stifled her laugh. "Clever note." She mumbled. Milly screamed at Brianna, who was still laughing. "Why are you guys freaking out, we can kill them with a snap." Brianna insisted. "No we can't you idiot." Lucius muttered. "Bloody hell." Regulus whispered. "What?" Milly asked. "What's on his feet?" Regulus asked.

"Salt." Lucius whispered. 

--

A/N: I posted the prologue to "Emeralds and Rubies" OMG I am so excited- I will now be up-loading chapters to that story and this one, so, double the books for you guys! XOXO, B