𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮

Theo's POV

*A couple weeks later, Cedric Diggory appears in this story! The Tri-wizard never happened lolz*

The air had started becoming colder, and the wind picked up. Fall was coming, shaking away Summer. The thought of it made me sad, I'd had a good time this Summer until the past few weeks. I'd spent most of my Summer with my friends, something I'd never been able to do before. I used to spend my Summer's isolated in my room, hiding from my father. He never paid much attention to me anyways, he would always be with the Death Eaters.

Even though I was one, and he tried to force me to come downstairs, I never would. I'd sit in my window, watching the sun peak over the tree-tops, wishing Lorenzo was here to hang out with me. That's how I spent every Summer until this one, it was the same thing over and over again. I guess that's why my father's death didn't affect me much. He was like a stranger. If I'm being completely honest, Berkley's the first person I ever got close to. I mean, I was close to Lorenzo, until he moved to Durmstrang. Then I was alone.

And now, Berkley's occupied, trying to protect us. She's totally let it take over her life, like it swallowed her whole. Her usual pink cheeks were gone, replaced by pale and bony cheekbones. I haven't seen her smile since the first time we visited Jacob. Her soft, brown locks, were now knotted, and almost black. Not that black didn't look good, she still looked amazing. Her sparkle was gone too, she was dull. Berkley Black, was dying inside. Same with mostly everybody else, except for Fred and George. They've always been happy campers, even in detention.

Jacob and his friends lost their sparkle a long time ago. That's what Jacob said, when I told him about Berkley. He simply chuckled and said, "That happened to me a long time ago mate, but it's Berkley. I'm almost certain it'll come back." He said, lighting his cigarette. I had simply sighed, and watched the sun go down. Berkley and Harry put their differences aside, to team up against the new group of people. There wasn't much I could do, except tell them where things were located. 

And to make matters even worse, we had school tomorrow. 

--

"Morning." I grumbled, stumbling down the steps. Lazy mornings were given back. We had moved back into Berkley's house, all seven of us. Everyone was drinking their coffee, and making small talk. Luna was trying to smile, but it was quickly hidden once Draco brought up his father. "My father keeps sending me letters." Draco said, sipping his coffee, his dark eyebags present.  "What do they say?" Lorenzo asked. "Simply more threats." Draco said, almost scoffing. 

I sighed. "Let's just kill them all and have this be over with." I said, pouring myself a cup of coffee. "Agreed." Harper said, "I'd rather die then keep this up." She stated. Berkley groaned. "As lovely as that sounds, I can't have any of you die on me." She said. Blaise rolled his eyes. "We're offering to die, and you reject it." He said. "Merlin you sound like Harry." He added. Berkley scoffed. "That's offensive." She said. Blaise raised his hands in protest, shrugging.

Luna pressed her lips into a firm line. "I know that look." Lorenzo said. Luna shrugged. "You've got a bad feeling." Lorenzo said. "Well, don't you think it's kind of weird that nothing has happened?" Luna asked. "What do you mean?" Harper asked. "Well, it's been weeks, and they haven't made a single move." Luna said. "What if they plan on doing something while we're in school?" Luna asked, her blonde hair falling out of her messy bun.

Berkley walked over to Luna and began braiding her hair. "Well, that's a good point, we might have to inform Professor Mcgonagall." Berkley stated, tying the braid into a bun. "Headmaster." Draco corrected, throwing the newspaper onto the center of the table. "Oh good, Minerva finally gets the recognition she deserves." Blaise said, finishing his coffee. "As she should." Harper added. I smiled softly, trying not to cry. As much as I hated crying, sometimes it happened. "You alright Theo?" Berkley asked.