𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓻𝓾𝔁

Berkley's POV

Daily Prophet: Dumbledore found dead.

"Wow." I said, snapping the newspaper. "So he's dead?" Harper asked, taking a bite of her cereal. "I guess." I said. "Do any of you know how?" I asked. Everyone shook their heads. "Weird." I mumbled. "Had to have been a task though." Draco said. "I know I was supposed to be assigned that task, but I never was since we got our marks off." He said. I frowned.

"Who do you think Tom assigned it to?" Luna asked. "Probably Bellatrix. She'd do something like that." Enzo said, speaking about his own mother in a cold-hearted way. Theo yawned. "Who's the Headmaster now?" He asked. "It's beyond me." Lorenzo said. "Mcgonagall maybe?" Luna asked. "I don't know, she liked being a Professor." Draco said. 

"Guess we'll find out then." Harper said, dumping her milk in the sink. "I guess." Theo said, standing up and pushing his chair in. "King's Cross tomorrow." Lorenzo said, "Everyone packed?" He asked. We all nodded. "Alright, Luna and I are going to Hogsmeade for new quills. Anyone need anything?" He asked. "No thanks Enzo." Draco said. "I'm gonna get dressed." Draco said, walking up the stairs. 

Harper sighed. "At least he's talking, Harper." Mattheo said. She nodded. "I guess." She said, tussling her hair. "Imagine how you would feel if we got a letter saying mum died." I said. She shrugged. "She deserves it." Harper said quietly. "You don't mean that." I said. She nodded. "I do, you would too if mum tried to kill you." I looked up at Harper. "She reminds me of Bella, honestly." Harper continued.

"Cursing your daughter for things she didn't do." Harper mumbled. "See you guys later." She said. I nodded and walked out the back door. "Are you alright love?" Theo asked, running his fingers through his fluffy brown hair. "Theo, you don't have to fake-date me anymore." I said, smiling up at him. "Who said I was faking?" He asked, kissing my forehead. I blushed. "Chess?" I asked. "I'll win this time." I mumbled, rummaging through the closet. "If you win, I'll take you shopping." He said.

I sighed, "And if you win?" I asked. "I want nothing in return." He said, sitting at the table. "Why's that?" I asked. "Because I have you." He said, grabbing my hand and placing a soft kiss on it. "Well in that case, I don't want anything either." I said. He smiled, then pulled out his wand. "Ladies first." 

--

"Welcome back to Hogwarts." Professor Snape said from the front of the Great Hall. "I am your new Headmaster." He said, "Considering what happened at the end of last year." He said, clearing his throat. I gulped, running my fingers through my hair. "Harry Potter is missing." Professor Snape said. "And if anyone hears about his whereabouts-" He eyed the Gryffindor table. "-I suggest you tell me." He spat.

I picked up my books and walked away from the Slytherin table after dinner. "It's weird, Theo, I don't like it." I whispered. His hand was on my lower back. "I don't like it either love." He mumbled. A lot of the hallways were empty, and dark. Students rarely talked. It was dead silent. "This is almost as bad as when Professor Umbridge was here." I muttered. Draco nodded. "That's very true." He mumbled.

"Merlin. I'm sorry." I muttered, picking up someone's books. I handed them out. "Here- Hermione. Hello." I said. My friends watched the awkward encounter with Hermione. "It's alright, can you spare a minute?" She asked. I nodded, then waved off my friends. "Follow me." She said. I followed Hermione up to the Room of Requirement. "Well?" I asked. 

"Horcrux. Do you know what that is?" She asked. I nodded. "Course I do." I said. She raised an eyebrow. "Hermione, when you don't have friends, the restricted section in the library is quite interesting." I mumbled. She nodded, and began to tell me the whole story of this year, and Summer.