𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻

September 10th, 1998

Berkley stood in front of Ollivander's with Blaise, waving at the children that passed by. "I'm sure this would be better with Quinn Blaise." Berkley whispered. Blaise smiled at his feet. "I know she's watching us right now Berkley, and quite frankly, if it's not Quinn, it better be you." He said, smiling again before letting another kid into the store to get their wands.

Berkley chuckled and made her way over to Luna's. "Hello Berkley!" Luna called from the cash register. "Good morning Luna, have you had many customers?" Berkley asked. Luna sighed, wiping her hands on her light blue apron. "Oh tons, have you heard who they put as the new charms Professor?" Luna asked.

Berkley shook her head, "No, I haven't." Pansy waltzed in the store, her wand in hand. "It's me." She said. Berkley laughed and ran over to hug her friend. The group had somewhat separated ever since the Weasley's deaths. Berkley and Theo stayed at the Burrow with Ginny and Harry. Pansy and Draco lived in the same house, with Blaise.

Lorenzo and Luna lived in the flat above their store, while Fred and George lived in the same spot they always have. "I'm not surprised, you always were good at charms." Berkley said, pulling away from Pansy. She smiled. "Says you." Lorenzo stumbled down the steps with a box in hand. "How's your boyfriend Pansy?" He teased. Everyone looked at Draco, how had just waltzed in also. 

"Shut up you wankers." Draco said, placing a box on the counter. Lorenzo laughed and shook his head, bringing the box to the back room. "It's so obvious Pansy." Luna said, bagging up more crystals for a little blonde girl. Pansy rolled her eyes. "You two are so annoying." She said. Berkley and Luna laughed, before Berkley said her goodbyes to head up to Hogwarts.

Berkley headed up the long flight of stairs to the Hogwarts entrance. "Hello Berkley." "Hey Minerva." Berkley said, twirling her wand in between her fingers. "Where's Parkinson?" Minerva asked, walking with Berkley towards the Great Hall. "At Luna's, helping kids get the last things they need." Berkley replied, moving her wand around to bewitch the sky.

Minerva nodded, pulling out her chair. "Youngest Professor's in Hogwarts, how do you feel?" Minerva asked. Berkley smiled. "I feel good." "I'm awfully sorry about the Weasley's." Minerva said, placing her hand on Berkley's shoulder. "It's not your fault Minnie." Berkley said, smiling. "How's Ginny?" Minerva asked. "Coping." 

"And the twins?" "They're okay." Berkley admitted, walking to the front of the Great Hall. "I better go finish setting up my classroom though." She said. Minerva nodded. "You better, school starts tomorrow." She teased. Berkley chuckled and made her was downstairs to Professor Snape's classroom, where a brunette boy was sitting.

"Oliver." Berkley said, pulling beakers out of a box. "Oh good you're here." Oliver said, tossing her a beaker. Berkley rolled her eyes. "It is my classroom Oli." Oliver nodded. "Right, I know that." He said, placing his hands behind his back. "Can I help you?" Berkley asked. "Is Ginny alright?" Oliver asked. 

"Just swell." Berkley mumbled. "I'm being serious." "Yes, she's coping." Berkley said. "What are you trying to get at Oliver?" Oliver shrugged. "I don't know-" "Yes you do." "Don't interrupt me." Oliver said, holding out his hand with a pouty face. Berkley snorted as Oliver pulled her into his arms. "I'm so sorry Berkley." Oliver whispered.

"It's okay Oli." Berkley whispered back. "You've been through so much and I-" "I know, pity, sorrow, I've heard it about a thousand times." Berkley said. Oliver nodded, pulling away. "Right, well, I'm going to my room. Goodnight Berkley." "Goodnight Oliver." 

--

Oliver Wood couldn't help it. Like most guys, he too had been touched by Berkley. Spending the summer with her, trying to prepare for another year of school, he'd become awfully close with her. He couldn't help it. Oliver Wood was in love with Berkley Black. Young Oliver had promised he would never fall in love with a Slytherin girl.

But here Oliver was, laying in his four-poster bed in Hogwarts, fiddling with his fingers like he was a third-year again. How was he supposed to control his feelings? He couldn't. "Bloody hell, I feel like Professor Snape." Oliver mumbled, slipping on his sneakers, and his cloak.

He quickly left his room, fiddling with his messy brown hair as he walked through the Hogwarts Corridors. "Oliver?" Oliver stopped in his fast pace, and turned around. Just Pansy. "Yeah?" He asked. "Are you alright? You seem, in a rush." Pansy said, tossing her short hair behind her ears. "Oh, yeah, I'm-" Oliver stopped. "-Fine." He completed his sentence. 

"Okay, let me know how Berkley is." Pansy said, turning around swiftly, her cloak following her. "What?" Oliver called. "Let me know how Berkley is?" He muttered, picking up his pace again. He ran into the kitchens and poured himself some water. "So much for bed huh?" Berkley twisted her glass at the table, a candle lighting up her olive skin. 

Oliver chuckled, suddenly becoming very flustered. "So much." He mumbled. "Are you alright?" Berkley asked, sliding off her stool. "Perfectly fine, thank you." Oliver whispered as Berkley grew closer to him. "I can't sleep either." She mumbled, placing her glass in the sink. "Shame." She added, looking back at Oliver. 

"Truly." Oliver whispered, locking eyes with her. Berkley nodded. "Are you sure you're alright?" She asked. Oliver nodded. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" He asked. "You seem-" Berkley began, looking Oliver up and down. "-Nervous." She finished, running her fingers through her chopped hair. 

"I'm swell, thanks." Oliver mumbled. "Alright, well I best be going Oliver." Berkley mumbled. "Very well then." Oliver said. Berkley nodded and reached for the candle. "Goodnight Oliver Wood." She mumbled. "Goodnight." Oliver replied, watching her leave the kitchen with the little light source he had.

Oliver set his glass on the counter, and ran his fingers through his hair. "I had the hots for her too mate." Draco said, appearing at the door. "But I was smooth with it." "Shut up." Oliver said, reaching for the glass again.