Chapter 33: Flaws & All

3 Years Later
San Diego, California
Omniscient:

"Let this girl say one more thing to me about her getting shot, I swear." Onika rolled her eyes in Beyoncé's direction. Beyoncé looked back at her with their new addition, Bryson, on her hip.

"You know how she is."

"She just gon' keep milking it."

"Yeah she is."

Luckily, over the years, the 2 hadn't had anymore problems. They'd kept up with their promises, and even went to get their vows renewed because they felt like it was time they set new ones, and new ground rules. They wanted to set an example for their children, they wanted to show them that their was no excuse for their behavior. Their younger ones specifically.

Bryson, their youngest son was an exact replica of Onika. Beyoncé wanted one more, but Onika was not going for that. Her womb needed a break, and she did not need Beyoncé to keep impregnating her whenever she felt like she wanted to take care of someone else.

"Are you ready to go?"

Beyoncé looked in the mirror, fixing Bryson's tuxedo. Being who he was, he tried to take it off.

"Little boy you and this fight with clothes."

"Mommy." He held his arms out for Onika, she grabbed him and started kissing on his face.

They were all headed to August and Ariana's wedding. She hated that she waited so long for it, but August just had to be sure. While she was planning the wedding, he was making sure that he could marry her. He decided to wait to get her pregnant until their honeymoon.

"London is your sister dressed?" Onika peeked her head out of the bedroom door.

"Yes ma'am!"

"And your brother?!"

"Yes ma'am!"

"What about you baby?" Beyoncé asked.

"Allllmost."

London had turned into such an independent woman, at just 8 years old. She followed in Beyoncé's footsteps with that one, and even though Beyoncé told her she didn't have to work as hard as she did in school, she did anyway.

August looked himself up and down in the mirror, fixating over the tuxedo that hugged his body. He wasn't completely sure about it, but there wasn't much he could do so he was trying to get used to the look.

"Look at my nigga! Fresh as hell!" Jay walked inside the room with Bey, Chance, Kyla, and Kehlani behind him.

All of them were extremely proud of him for even getting this far. Everybody knew how August could be, but Ariana just seemed to bring out another side of him. He was a completely different man with her. He submitted to her in ways he wouldn't even show his children.

"I hope this nigga ain't drunk before my wedding." August looked back.

"We ain't had shit to drink." Bey said.

"And we ain't happy about it." Kehlani crossed her arms.

"Well y'all just gon' have to wait until the reception."

All of them sucked their teeth playfully. Beyoncé walked over, placing her hands on his shoulders from behind him.

"Who you think is next?"

"Lani. Jay ass gon' be lonely forever." He laughed.

Jay sucked his teeth. "I got y'all, I ain't alone."