Chapter 9: Lips On Mine

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED😏! JUST REMEMBER I LOVE YALL VERY MUCH.

Beyoncé Giselle Maraj-Knowles
June 22
San Diego, California

Today just wasn't my day. I felt like I was gon' break down every time I turned around. Onika went off to work this morning but when I woke up again, I didn't feel like myself. It was crazy. The last time I felt like this, someone almost died. But at the end of the day, I had to get up and take care of my children. Because that's what it's all about. Them.

"Mama why this door locked?!" Kyreigh yelled. She banged on the door until her little fists got tired. "Mama open this door right now!"

"Where she get this attitude from?" I mumbled. I got out of the bed, going to open the door.

I looked down at her and looked around the corner. Terrell and London were rushing down the hallway.

"Why are you yelling little girl?"

"Mommy said no lock door."

"Is Mommy here right now?"

"Uh uh." She jumped up and I picked her up.

"MAMA CAN WE BRUSH OUR TEETH NOW?!" Terrell yelled.

"Why are you screaming baby boy? Come on we can do all that shit."

I followed behind them into their bathroom and watched them brush their teeth and wash their faces. When they were done, I held Kyreigh over the sink so that she could do the same thing.

"What we doing today y'all?" I asked.

"Lauren said she's coming over here Mama." London said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"When she said that?"

"The other day."

I like how she tells my kids that but not the parents. Whatever.

It was like as I was waiting, there was a knock on the door and I just knew it was Lauren so I went to open it for her.

"Laurennnn!" Kyreigh yelled. She connected with Lauren when we were at my mom's house in New York.

Lauren walked in and picked up Kyreigh immediately. She started kissing her.

"Why you ain't tell nobody you was coming over here?" I asked her.

"I did."

"Those are children Lauren, you supposed to tell somebody that actually owns this damn house."

"I'm sorry, I'll tell you next time."

Don't even know if it's gon' be a next time.

But she was so good with the kids, I was amazed. Seriously. They loved her. They even laid down for their nap for her. I was just sitting on the island watching her put them to sleep.

"Why you watching me?" She turned around and looked at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "How you do that shit so fast? Them bad ass niggas act like they can't sleep for nothing."

"Be nice to them. How do you put them to sleep?"

"Tell them to lay they muthafuckin' asses down."

She laughed. "That is not nice, that's why they won't lay down."

"Aight now, don't be telling me how to raise my kids."

"You asked the question Beyoncé."

"You damn right."