Chapter 14: My Wife and Kids

Beyoncé Giselle Maraj-Knowles
August 7
San Diego, California

"Act up if you want to Beyoncé, I swear to God we gon' have a problem."

I bit my lip, listening to Nika get all tough with me like she ain't 3 feet tall. She better leave me alone before I bust her ass.

"Do you hear me talking to you?"

"Yeah I hear you baby." I opened my eyes and looked at her through the walls of the elevator. She looked stressed. I rolled on the wall until my back was pressed up against her front.

"Beyoncé move! You're crushing me."

"No I ain't."

"Yes you are!"

I turned around so that I was facing her, cupping her face between my hands. "You aight?"

"What?"

"Are you okay Onika?"

"No, I'm stressed the fuck out. These are colleagues babe and I need you to be nice no matter what gets said."

"I can agree to everything except the end of that sentence. Fuck you mean no matter what gets said? They be saying something to you that you don't like? You let me know 'cause I will cuss they asses out."

She sighed. "I'm trying to prevent that. Please be nice."

"I'm not making no promises."

"Beyoncé."

"Alright, I'll be nice." I stood beside her again.

I didn't understand why she wanted to impress these uppity bitches anyway. I'd only been introduced to these doctors and nurses and all that shit one time and it didn't go so well. I cussed them out for trying to talk to my baby crazy. Like she didn't earn her spot or something. She was mad at me after but I think it was worth it.

"Babe." I looked over at her.

"Yes Beyoncé?"

"Can you give me some pussy when we leave?"

"Girl stop talking to me."

That made her laugh. I held my hand out for her, letting her put hers in mine. We walked out of the elevator together and I saw all the supposed doctors, colleagues of hers. Already I wanted to shoot them all. With their high prestige asses.

I let her lead me to wherever, I genuinely wasn't paying attention. With an ass that fat in front of your face, you don't really check your surroundings.

"Beyoncé this is my boss, Mr. Neverson."

I also didn't like that she had a damn boss. It was so evident that she could do all this shit on her own and have whatever she wanted. It didn't sit right that she was under somebody else. I offered to buy her whatever she needed to help her not have to work under somebody else but she refused. I didn't understand why.

I held my hand out to him. "I'm Beyoncé, her wife."

"She's said much about you. Your wife is amazing at her job, if we could keep her longer, we would."

I bet you would bitch.

"If I could keep her home longer, I would. She loves this job though. Very unfortunate."

There was an awkward silence and I knew I was gon' get cussed out. Whatever.

I examined him. He wasn't too flashy but he wore gold just to let people know. Not a single diamond dangled from his body. His suit was extremely expensive though, anybody with eyes could see that. The stitching was purple, signifying royalty. His cufflinks were gold, the entire suit in itself was white. He better go off then.