Chapter 13: Hold Out

Onika Tanya Maraj-Knowles
August 4
San Diego, California

"I'm sorry Nic."

I narrowed my eyes at Lauren. Ari was standing in front of me but this bitch was about to get punched in her fucking face.

"You ain't learn from the last ass whooping bitch? I'll do you worse than she did, I promise you. Step to me."

Ari was a rider and I love her for that. She just so fucking ghetto. That attracted me to her when we first became friends. That ghetto shit was just so sexy to me. Guess you could say I had a little crush on her when we first became friends. Whatever. Who doesn't?

"I just wanted to apologize, I didn't mean to-"

"You didn't mean to what? Kiss her wife? In her house? Around her kids? Say something stupid, I dare you." Ari was itching to fight, I could see it. The way she kept stepping closer to Lauren and Lauren didn't even notice it. I give her 2 minutes at the most.

"If I could speak then you would know."

That was not smart of her.

Ari drew her fist back and punched her dead in her nose. The sound of her fist connecting with Lauren's nose made my ears hurt. I knew she broke that girl's nose all over again. I know she's going to need a nose job.

"That was yo first stupid statement bitch, you only get 3."

"Fuck." Lauren held her hand under her nose trying to stop the blood from getting all over the porch but it was inevitable. "I'm sorry y'all, Bey was jus-"

"Don't say shit about my wife." I answered coldly.

She sighed. "She here? I ca-"

"That's 2." Ari said, she punched Lauren in her eye. She waved her hand around like it was hurting. "Why you still tryna talk? I would hate to keep getting hit in the face."

I didn't know why Lauren wouldn't hit her back, maybe because I was behind her or she had some respect. Doubt that though.

"I-" She blew her breath, holding her face. This was really pathetic and I kind of felt bad for her.

Her eyes watered and she looked directly at me. "I'm so sorry Onika, I didn't mean to disrespect you."

"You didn't mean to disrespect me when you told my wife verbatim 'if the wife ain't doing something right, I guess you know where to come'? You didn't mean to disrespect me then?"

Her eyes bulged out of her head like she didn't even know I knew. "I-"

"That's 3." Ari punched her again, hard enough for her to stumble back. She shut the door then locked it.

"You should've stayed sitting down, I told you I had it."

"You would've done worse if I stayed sitting down."

"At least you know."

I know I hadn't forgiven Beyoncé immediately but she was still my wife and at the end of the day, the 2 of us aren't breaking up so defending her was in my best interest.

The door opened and Beyoncé walked in, looking from side to side.

"Uh who punched Lauren in the face?" She asked.

"I did. Why? You wanna defend the bitch or something?" Ari got defensive.

"Calm down." I stood up. I looked at Beyoncé. "My babies okay?"

"Yeah. London had a hard time letting go but once she figured out that I'd be back in the afternoon she was okay."

London was doing better on her medicine. She was able to control her emotions and her actions without becoming extremely violent for no reason. She was aware it was the medicine and she was okay with that. Against Beyoncé's better judgement, this was really working for London.