Chapter 2: Work, Work, Work

Beyoncé Giselle Maraj-Knowles
June 11
San Diego, California

"You leaving me now?" I rolled over in the bed once I felt it dip.

"You're such a light sleeper."

"The least you can do is come give me a kiss before you leave."

"We gon' be back in that bed fucking if I do that."

"At least you know how it's gon' go down." I sat up.

"I have 45 minutes Beyoncé."

"Give me 15, take another 15 in the shower, I'll drive you to the jet. That's another 15 right there. That's 45 minutes."

"Oh you only good at math in a time like this?"

"You wasting my time, come here."

"You lucky I love you."

••

I looked over at Onika who was damnnear asleep in the passenger seat. When we got to a red light, I grabbed her face softly, kissing her lips.

"Babe."

"Huh?"

"Wake up."

"I'm up."

"Onika baby, wake up."

"Surgery."

"What?" I laughed. She sleep.

She opened her eyes fully and looked over at me. "I'm up, let me..." She trailed off but she sat up intently.

I continued driving. "When you get home, I'll treat you."

"You don't have to."

"I want to. You work so hard and I don't do shit but watch these kids. You make me proud."

"Watching our kids is a whole lot, trust me I know. You've earned everything you have Beyoncé, don't start doubting yourself now."

"I'm not."

When we got to the jet, I got out of the car and walked her up to it. She let me hold her in my arms then leaned up to kiss me.

"I'll miss you."

"Call me and I'll be the first one you wake up to, sleepy." I pinched her cheek.

"I love you so much baby."

"I love you more, you don't understand. Please be safe my love."

"Okay. Make sure London takes her medicine, you too. I'm not playing."

"We will."

"Bye baby."

"Bye." I kissed her cheek before letting her go. I got back in the car and waited for the door to close then I took off.

It was always hard leaving her, or letting her leave me. Either way it was hard. When she first started practicing, I never wanted her to leave me, I cried every time she did but it was more bearable now.

I went to Chance's house to pick up CJ and a girl answered the door. It caught me off guard because Chance been hurt over women ever since Makayla.