Chapter 3: Suspension

Onika Tanya Maraj-Knowles
June 12
San Diego, California

"Ms. Knowles says she'll be here in 2 minutes. Traffic." Julius said.

I nodded my head. "I got the same message. You can really just call her Beyoncé."

"I've grown accustomed to Ms. Knowles. Wouldn't make sense for me to switch up now." He said.

Beyoncé pulled up and hopped out of the Maserati. As soon as she saw me she wrapped her arms around me.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too my baby."

"We fuckin' as soon as we get in that damn house."

I laughed and she walked me to the car, opening the door for me. She got in on her side then leaned over, latching her lips onto my neck.

"Baby. Relax." I put my hand on her cheek.

"I love you." She lifted her head and pulled me into her. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. I love you too."

One thing about Beyoncé, she knew exactly how to make me feel good about myself. She always made me feel like she needed me.

"Where are my babies?" I asked her.

"With my mom. CJ went with Chase this morning."

"We got a lot of damn kids."

"That's what they said."

When we made it to the house, she walked over and opened the door for me. She walked with me in the house. The lights were off.

"Girl please tell me what you doing."

"What I said I was gonna do. Take your clothes off." She kissed my cheek.

I shrugged my shoulders and took my clothes off as she walked past me. The door shut. She grabbed my hand, leading me up to our bedroom.

"Lay down."

"Is a bitch finally about to get that massage I been asking for?"

"Lay down Onika."

I laid down on my stomach and felt the bed dip, she sat right below my ass and poured massage oil on my back. The moment her hands touched my back I was moaning. She had amazing hands.

"Tell me about work baby."

"You so soft." I mumbled.

"Tell me about work baby." She repeated. I could tell she was refraining from snapping.

"I had a surgery, it took 8 hours and I'm so tired because of it. But usually, it takes like 12 or 13 so I'm grateful for that. It was successful though. She's asleep right now, her parents thanked us a lot." I smiled.

"That's why you starting doing this shit right? 'Cause people do that punk ass shit?"

She had such a foul mouth.

"Not only that but I get to help people every single day whether I'm around them or not. Because I do my job right, I help them."

"Does it weigh on you sometimes? When like... you can't help them. Or they die and shit?"

"Yes, a lot. I try so hard to let it not affect me but it does sometimes. Knowing there was no way I could help them."

"You know you can't save everybody baby."

"I know."

"Don't let it weigh on your heart too much."

"Okay." At this point I wasn't listening anymore. She had her hands working down my body, she started massaging my ass.