𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

(CHAPTER THREE)

DRESSED in my work attire which consisted of a nice and tight pencil skirt and an equally nice blouse over top, I made my way into the gym. I look good. Maybe good enough that he'll be so stunned and just forget about this whole thing altogether. Highly unlikely. He doesn't seem to be affected by my drop-dead gorgeousness like the rest of the population. Sadly.

I found him where he usually is when I stepped inside the door. It's dark in here again and there are only three other people here that I can see. He's by the bench press again. He's got to stop doing that.

His freshly washed clothes were folded in my arms and I was determined to get this over with. We need to stop playing games and be done with each other. He didn't seem to notice me at first since he was lifting the barbell and had music in his ears, so I poked his knee with my finger a few times. His eyes shot open and he was sitting up as soon as he set the heavy weight down. The headphones were ripped from his ears as he looked at me very obviously from head to toe. And then he licked his lips. Excuse me, sir—

"Oh, you. I got your sweet letter. Really warmed my heart," He grinned at me making his eyes crinkle. Wow, this is new. He must finally get it. I wanted to smile back at him, but I was sensing that he wasn't actually in a good mood at all this morning. He reached down beside the bench and picked up my letter with the kitten sticker on the back. I thought it would soften the devastating blow of my departure. He held it between us before tearing it straight through the middle. He put the pieces together and ripped them again. He kept ripping it until there was nothing left. He held out the shredded paper to me and I silently took it from him. "That was all bullshit excuses, Sally. I don't like excuses. So, get changed and get back out here. Two minutes. Go." He waved me on before standing up from the bench. I guess I wasn't moving quick enough, so he clapped his hands, making me snap out of it and rush to the locker room. He's lucky I brought my sneakers just in case. I guess deep down I knew he would be able to convince me.

How does he always get me to do whatever he says? I think he surprises me by being so blunt and when I don't have anything to respond with, I just do what he tells me to. It's very frustrating because he doesn't let me speak, but there's always next session, right? Another chance, another time.

I changed into his clothes again before meeting him back out on the floor. We did the same stretches as before, except he added a new one that fucked me up. He laid me on my back and got between my legs. He bent my knees and pushed them outwards on the ground. He looked from my stretched legs to my eyes and smacked his gum in my face before smirking. This is so awkward, I swear I've done this position during sex once. The hell is he doing?

At the same time, I haven't been stretched like this in a long time, so my thighs were burning. And I'm sure he could tell by the look on my face that it wasn't too pleasant.

"You feel that, don't you?" He whispered, keeping eye contact with me again. If I wasn't on the ground already, I would have been. Just saying. I can confirm that his gum is green apple. That's how close he is.

"Mhm." I hummed back in response, not knowing what to say in the first place. Is no one seeing this? This is a little too personal. Good thing no one is really here or over in this section right now. I need some water.

He continued holding my legs there for just a few more seconds before he got off of me and stood up. He helped me from the ground and rolled his eyes as he fixed the collar of my shirt. Aw, he reminds me of someone's mom. How special.

"Fifteen minutes on the step machine. Go." I think that might be the worst machine here. Stairs and I do not get along. To think that someone just made this up one day and people actually use it is strange to me. Fuck stairs.