𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑽𝑬

(CHAPTER TWELVE)

"HELLO?" I tried to sound as normal as possible. Like, no, I wasn't just sobbing my eyes out. Nope. That wasn't me. That was someone else who's a weak bitch and afraid to be alone.

"Hey—Holly," He scolded. "I didn't FaceTime to see the ceiling." I sighed and wiped under my eyes once more before picking up my phone so he could see me.

"Hey—"

"Holy shit. The fuck happened to you?" How could he tell? It's not like I'm wearing mascara or anything. There's literally no evidence. I squinted to see my face in the small little square. I do look like shit, nevermind. "Who made you cry, Holly?"

"I wasn't crying, Harry." I tried to blink a bunch of times to get any unshed tears out of my eyes. He's never seen me cry and I never intended on him seeing me cry.

"Then, what the fuck is the problem, baby?" I sniffled and shook my head.

"It's nothing," He looked like he didn't believe me. "I promise. Don't worry about it, please." I slightly begged him. I just want to forget about it.

"Okay," He said slowly. "How's your little holiday going?" I leaned against the counter and shrugged. Honestly, it's going pretty shitty. But I'd never tell him that.

Harry was dressed in his usual sweatshirt with a cute, little hat on his head. It was just a black beanie, but god, he looked so good. I missed Pongo to be honest, but that would require us seeing each other today and I'm not sure I can handle that right now.

"Fine," I sighed. It could be better. At least I don't have to sit around a table with Charlie's relatives or with his new little girlfriend. Especially after he pissed me off. That wouldn't have gone down well. "I made a whole table of food and there's . . . no one here to eat it with me." For some reason I started crying right there. I don't know what came over me, but I hurried to drop the phone and I put my face back in my hands. Apparently I'm an uninteresting, miserable person. Charlie is the sweetest, so if he even said that to my face, it must be true and it must be bothering him so much that he had to tell me. And the fact that he was being a dick, but normally, he wouldn't have said it like that at least.

I couldn't call Mabel. She's back in Minnesota with her family. She's so fucking weird. Minnesota out of all the places. Wow.

"Holly, hey, let me see you." I heard Harry over my pitiful sniffling and quiet crying.

"No." Was all I could say. I sounded so ugly and horrible. I can't think of a single reason why he'd want to see me right now. He doesn't want to be around me right now. I may come off as more miserable than normal. And he doesn't deserve that.

"Come on, baby. Let me see your pretty face." I doubt I looked anything close to pretty right now.

"I can't, Harry." I wiped under my eyes, but it was no use because unfortunately, more just kept coming.

"Fucking hell, Holly." The call disconnected. Even Harry doesn't want to deal with my shit. He just hung up like that. I get it. It's not his responsibility anyway.

I was trying to stop myself from crying. I don't know what to think now. I mean, Charlie's going to apologize, right? And then what am I going to say?

Sure, Charlie. Even after you called me all those names, I'll just forget it and we can pretend it never happened.

I don't think so. I love Charlie, I do, but the fact that I have to keep reminding myself that I do makes me question everything. Plus, he's met someone. Do I even stand a chance anymore? It's looking like a no. He's even introducing her to his parents. And not as the girl he met in college that has no one to spend Thanksgiving with.