𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝒀-𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻

CW!!!! I'M WARNING YOU NOW, THIS GETS A LITTLE😬 . . . DRUG USE AND IT'S A BIT DESCRIPTIVE THIS TIME, SO IF THAT'S NOT YOUR JAM, SKIP THE VERY END. IT'S JUST FLASHBACKS AGAIN. ENJOYYYY.

(CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT)

H A R R Y

MAY

WHILE I wanted Holly to help me with cleaning my closet, I didn't think it through enough. She'd be in my closet. With the shoebox.

I've been really good at ignoring it. So, I was trying my best to act normal while we were going in and out of my closet. And then she even asked about the shoelaces and that almost sent me over the edge. I don't know why I thought she wouldn't notice. I also didn't play it off well, but she didn't ask any questions which I was thankful for.

We ended up at her place to get her mail and whatever else she does while she's here. I haven't been here for more than five minutes in months. I'm glad she likes to be at my place. I'm glad she's in my bed every night. It just makes sense.

I took a short nap on her couch and woke up to her making cookies that were supposedly not for me. Which was a total lie and that's why she let me eat half the plate. Then, Mabel was calling me. Which has never really happened before. I've called her in the past, just so I could ask her if Holly liked me. And then she somehow talked me into spilling my guts on the matter. It was completely pathetic and I hope she forgot about that conversation.

Holly didn't give me a chance to answer the phone because she took it right from my hand and answered it herself. From what I could see of the call, it was tense. So much so that she left the room to finish talking to her. I'm not sure what happened there, but now that I think about it, she hasn't mentioned her in a little while which is not normal at all. I could hear snippets of the conversation from here, but nothing really made sense.

She came out from her bedroom looking a little upset and I wasn't sure I wanted to pry into what happened. She would tell me if she wanted to. Maybe she needs time. I'm not sure what it could be they're even fighting about. But she's frowning and I hate that.

"Do you want an ice cream cone?" Usually, she'd perk right up at that and demand we leave right this minute, but she just sank further into the couch and declined my offer. Shit.

Instead, she wanted to go back to my place and take a nap. I didn't mind that, but I hate when Holly is mopey. Even when it's not my fault.

The ride was silent. Another thing that concerned me. I'm sure she's just thinking, but it's kind of scaring me. Maybe I did do something. I carried her inside with her bag over my shoulder with every intention of tucking her into bed and asking if she needed anything. I hope a nap will do her some good.

But that plan was wrecked because Jamie decided to use the key I gave him for emergencies only and come into my house. I knew he could tell by the look on my face that it wasn't the time for this, but he doesn't give a fuck. Holly went back to my room after the two of them teased me about the bruises on my face. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. These bruises are only temporary.

"Why the fuck are you here again? We're supposed to be taking a nap."

I know I already technically took a nap, but he doesn't know that. And who said I'd be sleeping anyway? I was just going to stare at her until she woke back up, but no one has to know that part.

"Just wanted to bother you. What's been going on? Did you ask Holly the big question yet?" I slapped his shoulder and shot him a look.

"No, you fucking idiot. Be quiet about it." He put his hands up in defense and moved further away from me on the couch.