𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀-𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵

(CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN)

I'M fucking sweating.

For some reason, the showers at my high-end, uppity gym were being serviced, something about fixing the water pressure, so I didn't have the chance to shower there. That means I have to rush back to Harry's and pray he's not back from the gym yet.

He went back to his gym for the first time in a while. He told me he was going to spend the day there and that he might get back into training soon. Which makes me nervous because then he'll know someone new and probably like them better than me. God, if it's somebody like Cassandra, I'm done for. I won't be able to take it.

Anyway, I'm unlocking the door to his apartment right now and fucking hell he's here. His car is parked in his little designated parking spot. Shit. I can't catch a break. Ever.

It was quiet when I got inside, so I figured he must be asleep and I could sneak off to the shower without him noticing. I'm also wearing one of the cute sets I bought. It's bright fucking red, so if he sees me, he's going to see me.

The coast was clear, so I made a run for it. I somehow succeeded in getting into the bathroom and I started the shower. I was just about to strip from my clothes when someone cleared their throat from behind me.

I cursed to myself silently before turning around. Harry is standing there with his arms crossed and something is in his hand that I can't make out quite yet. Oh god. Why is it always me?

"How nice to see you, Holly." I smiled at him and then waved.

"Hi, sweetheart. How are you?" I laughed nervously, clasping my hands behind my back to feign nonchalance.

"That's a silly outfit to wear to work." I looked down at my clothes and again, so many cuss words went through my head. I'm a fucking idiot.

"Oh, this?" I pointed. "This is our new uniform. Form fitting isn't it?" He hummed, narrowing his eyes at me. All of a sudden, he grabbed me by the front of my shirt and pulled me to him.

"I'm not fucking dumb. I found this in the laundry just before you got home." He finally revealed what was in his hand and I gasped. It was a towel with the gym's name on it in red lettering. They give those out for free. They come warmed up when you use the sauna.

"That's . . . what? That's not mine." I shook my head, trying to pry his hand from my shirt. He chuckled.

"This is that shitty gym uptown, isn't it? I fucking knew it. There is no way you'd still have any muscle mass without working out. I knew you were still going, I just didn't know where." I opened my mouth to say something, but he didn't let me. He just dragged me off to his room without hearing a word from me. He left me next to his bed and from underneath it, he pulled out my bag of freshly washed sets of workout clothes. I fucked up big time.

He dumped the bag out on the bed and pointed at them, looking disappointed.

"It's not what you think."

"So, this new gym, huh? How do you like it? Do you have a new trainer too?" He put his hands on his hips and waited for my answer.

"No, of course not. I just . . . I do things on my own. I didn't want to go back to Rob's gym. I'm sorry," He shook his head like he didn't believe me or something. "It's no better than your gym, really! Everyone is judgy and it's very cliquey. You would hate it. I already do."

"How long?"

"How long what?"

"How long have you been sneaking off to go to this other gym?" I sighed, wanting to roll my eyes. I can't decide if he's actually mad or if he's just giving me a hard time. He does both so well, it's hard to tell which is which sometimes.