𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀-𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹

(CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR)

THE last day of January came quickly. I couldn't believe the first month of the new year had already passed. But at the same time, a lot has happened since then. Well, not really. I did get promoted at work and that was cool. Along with a salary increase, so it's been a little better at work and I'm not as annoyed with it as I was.

The situation with seeing my mom was long forgotten. More like I just locked it away somewhere for the time being, saving it for when I want to feel sorry for myself. But that's it. No other scares and no other visits to Pearl. Which sucks, but it's what I have to do.

Another development in the past couple weeks: Harry is considering boxing for fun. I think it'll be good for him since it's something he enjoys so much, but he's really nervous about it and keeps changing his mind. There's a ring at the gym that he's never used before and at this point, he'll only walk by and peek through the window, but that's it. And I understand he needs time, but the fact that he's even thinking about it is a big step. At least I think so. Jamie is trying to convince him to do it as well. That's why he's here at the gym with us today, practically begging Harry just to go inside the room with him.

"Jamie. If you touch me one more time, you'll be on the fucking floor. I mean it." He just finished with some weights and set them back on the rack. I was sitting on the bench, watching them bicker while hogging Harry's water bottle. It was one of those huge ones with little encouraging messages on the side to make sure you drink the whole thing. I'm just hugging it to my chest, not planning on participating at all.

"It's been three years! Look, you can even take me in the ring. If I beat you, you still suck." He lightly punched Harry's shoulder, making him roll his eyes and not respond. Instead, he came over to stand in front of me and held his hands out.

"Your turn now, lovely. Grab the five pound weights and a mat. Gonna stretch you out a bit today." I gasped, setting the water bottle aside and grabbed his hands.

"In front of everyone? Shouldn't we save that for later?" He pulled me up with a smirk on his face. I'm only joking, but sometimes he doesn't know that. Or he pretends he doesn't know.

"Not what I meant, but I wouldn't mind. Show everyone that you're mine—"

"Okay, Rob told me you guys were freaky, but I'm literally right here. Please save that for when you're alone." Jamie went to stand next to me, but Harry grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and shoved him away.

"Fuck off. We're busy. I'll come and get you when we're done." I left them to argue over that as well and went to get the weights. I was deciding between a pretty lilac color and a mint green when I could just feel someone standing behind me. I grabbed the lilac weights and turned, seeing Cassandra. Fuck. I shot her a fake smile before trying to step around her. She stepped right in the way, so I couldn't.

"Sorry. Here just let me—" I tried to again move around her, but she started talking.

"Harry's your trainer too?" She crossed her arms, trying but failing to keep a pleasant look on her face. I don't know what the fuck her problem is, but if she doesn't leave me alone soon, I will get kicked out of this gym and be banned for life.

"Yeah. Has been for about four months. Now if you'll excuse me—"

"He told me about you, you know. How much you despise exercise—"

"I wouldn't say I despise it—"

"—how hopeless you are with the equipment. Things like that." I stopped trying to step around her and I just stood there, watching her think that what she said meant shit to me.