𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

(CHAPTER FOURTEEN)

HE didn't say a word, he just walked towards me and grabbed my hands in his. I had nothing to say either. I just stared back at him with a confused glare. I tried to pull away and that's when he finally spoke.

"Let's go somewhere."

"What? Harry, I'm busy later." Lie. We've spent so much time together already, he knows I have nothing better to do. I tried pulling my hand back once again, but he just smiled at me. A genuine smile that froze me to my very core.

"It's two thirty, Bubbles. Please?" He tilted his head slightly, keeping that same sweet as candy grin on. He's asking? Cute.

"Fine." I groaned and he switched it up and wrapped his arm around my back. We walked down the street and I was trying to guess where he was taking me. I knew the city well, I've grown up here my entire life, it shouldn't be hard. I thought about asking, but he wouldn't tell me, so I didn't bother.

"My father was a boxing trainer," He spoke up after a few minutes of silence.

My god, I hope he doesn't know that I was depressed for some reason because he yelled at me that one time for not telling me about this. Why is he deciding now is the time? It's been a little while since then. I glanced at him and didn't say anything. Who knows what could set him off.

"He started me young, I practically lived in the gym back home. I was always there, my mum had to force me to leave sometimes." He smiled like it was a fond memory. So, when does it get not so fond? Evidently, there's a reason he doesn't want to talk about it, so it can't be anything nice.

"Do you still box at all?" He shook his head. Wow, two points for asking a coherent question.

"No, because I'd like it too much. I quit for a reason, Holly. I don't intend on ever going back. I haven't stepped foot in a ring since my last match. It'd be too tempting." I didn't notice until now, but his hand is running up and down my side. And I'm ticklish as we know. If he squeezed, I would be on the floor.

"If it's about being professional, you don't necessarily have to. You could just do it in your spare time." I suggested. He shook his head again.

"It partly is, but it would only remind me of how I used to be and that's not necessarily something I'd like to do." I think he unknowingly pulled me closer. Maybe he did it on purpose, but he looked distracted.

I had been so wrapped up in trying to decipher the clues Harry had given me, that I didn't even notice where we were.

We're standing at the end of an old boardwalk, no passersby in sight, just him and I, right over the relatively calm ocean. I turned to him with a blank look.

"I've been to the beach before, Harry." He shrugged, pulling me in front of him.

"Not with me." Okay, the sun shining brightly through the clouds looks pretty right over the water and the sound of the waves could put me to sleep without too much effort. How did he know the sky and sea would look so nice right now?

I set my hands on the railing and took in my surroundings from the quiet calls of seagulls from further down the beach, to the way Harry's cologne is overriding my senses as he stands next to me and making me dizzy.

"Why are you a trainer at that shitty gym?" Valid question. I leaned against the railing and he pressed himself right against my back after slipping behind me. He's so warm. All I wanted was to turn around and have him really hold me. But, too bad.

"I just like helping people." I felt him shrug against me. I glanced over my shoulder, giving him an unconvinced stare. He shrugged again, focusing on the fabric of my sweater.