𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀

(CHAPTER FORTY)

I started at my new gym two days ago.

Harry's bitch ass has no idea.

I mean, he's at his gym too, so as long as I make it back to his place before him and shower, he'll never catch me. Plus, he's been hanging out with his new friends from the gym on Friday nights. Which, good for him, but I kind of hate being alone while he's out doing whatever the fuck he's doing. And he's always drinking. Granted it's once a week, but if that's all he's going to do with them then maybe he needs new friends.

Of course, I haven't told him any of this because why would I? If he's finally happy and doing all the things he stopped doing because he felt bad about himself, then I should let him live.

Right now, I'm at my desk because I decided to work a little later since Harry's at the gym anyway. He won't get done until five, so why not let him wonder where I'm at for a change. He should actually be home any minute and when he realizes I'm not there, he's going to call me and beg for me to come over. Just like a little bitch.

Except that didn't happen. I waited at my fucking desk a whole other hour before I got fed up and went over there by myself. It's annoying because I expected him to call and whine over the phone about how I'm not there and now that he's not, fuck. I guess I'm not as important as I think.

I found him asleep on his couch, still in his clothes from the gym. It's like he just got home and passed out. He didn't wake up when I came in, not even when Pongo started barking. I just stared at him for a minute. He looks really fucking tired, doesn't he?

So, I left him alone and went to shower. Still nothing. Even when I started making dinner in the kitchen, he didn't budge. I guess I get it. This is probably why he never sleeps at night.

But when I finished dinner, I decided that was enough. I sat down next to him and gently tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, honey. Wake up. Dinner's ready," He didn't move. I huffed, shaking him a little more this time. "Harry. Dinner's ready," Nothing. Is he dead, what the fuck? So, I shook him even harder.

He groaned, turning over towards the back of the couch, muttering something.

"Hey. I'm here. Dinner is done, get up." He quickly turned his head to me and squinted.

"Holly?"

"Yes?" I laughed lightly at the confused look on his face. He rubbed at his eyes and shut them again. "Come on. You need to eat and then we can go back to sleep." I patted his back and he huffed, sitting up and walking to the kitchen silently. Someone's in a mood.

Dinner was pretty quiet. He finished way before me and went to take a shower, all without saying anything. He does look exhausted so maybe that's what it is.

I met him in bed and I didn't say anything. I shut off my lamp and turned to face away from him. He immediately set his arms around me and pressed his entire body to my back.

"Sorry, it's so quiet. I'm just so tired and I can't even think straight right now. I'm sorry." His words slurred slightly and I smiled. I'm not even mad.

"It's alright, baby. I know you're tired. Did you have a good day?" He nudged my back and I knew exactly what that meant. I turned over to face him and he laid his head on my chest before sighing.

"It was alright. Missed you so much. I'll make it up to you. Promise." He kissed my cheek and nuzzled his face into my neck. I'm not sure what he has to make up to me, but I'll take it.

"Goodnight, Harry." He didn't respond because he was already snoring.