𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿

(CHAPTER SIX)

I jumped at the sound of his voice and had no time to prepare myself before he was pulling out the chair and sitting down in front of me at the table. I immediately started coughing.

He's not buying it, but I'm very much committed to the role I've made for myself. I told him I was sick and couldn't make it to sessions and now it's just a matter of selling it.

"God, this sore throat is killing me. Hi, Harry." I shot him a look and went back to my food. We both clearly know that I'm faking it. I hope he knows why too. If he doesn't, maybe I should let him know.

"I bet. What's up with you, Bubbles?" I raised my eyebrows and dropped my spoon back onto my plate. It made a much louder noise than I anticipated, but I didn't bother with it. I'm mad.

"Why are you here, Harry?" I feel like we see each other every day. Even when we're not scheduled to and it's kind of weird. I think I should stay inside more to prove the theory. If he comes out from under my sink, I was right.

"Stopped in to get some take away. What are you doing here?" I pointed to my food and rolled my eyes.

"What does it look like?" He glanced down before nodding. He rubbed his chin and sighed.

"What'd I do, Bubbles, huh? You're being so cold to me." He actually pouted his lip at me and I scoffed. He thinks that's going to work? What are we, in third grade?

"Nothing."

"Fuck, Holly, I can't handle you looking so sad." Oh my god, do I look sad? That was not my intention. I don't want to look like a pitiful bitch.

He can't handle it? Then fuck off and leave me alone.

"I'm not . . . sad. I'm just stressed with work and other shit. Don't worry about it." This is all true, but besides that, it's him. Since I look so fucking sad, I'm not sure I want him to know it's because of him anymore.

"Is it Chuck? I'll kick his ass—"

"No. And stop calling him that. You're going to give him an identity crisis." I'm pretty sure he changed all his social media names to something with Chuck in it. That's an awful name—sorry to anyone named Chuck. Sorry to anyone named Charles, really.

"How, uh, how long have you known him?" Aw, who knew we'd be having girl talk? Not me because he shouldn't even be here. He must have a microchip on me somewhere, this is too coincidental.

"College." He raised his eyebrows and nodded.

"Long time. When do you think you'll ask him out—"

"Oh my god, I don't know, Harry!" I snatched up my purse and threw too many bills down on the table before standing. And I walked right out of the restaurant and into the chilly air. Of course, I forgot Harry can run like a fucking track star, so he was right behind me.

"Hey, where are you going?" Why is he being a clingy bitch? He doesn't want to be around me any other time, what's different now? I won't talk to him? He just can't stand it can he? Me not needing his attention and walking away from him. It's always him walking away from me, have you noticed?

"Home, I guess." I was seconds from tears actually. Only because I'm about to freak out if he doesn't leave me alone in the next five seconds.

"First off, Bubbles, chill the hell out. If you want me to fuck off, just say so," I opened my mouth to tell him to fuck off just as he told me to and he grabbed my wrist. "Fine. Leave me. Cold and alone on the street." I sent him a glare.

"I assume you have your own place to stay, Harry. Go there." I waved him on and he nodded slowly.

"Please say I'll see you on Friday. I will come and kick your door in if not, Holly." He pointed at me. And he'll be paying for a new one too.