Chapter-33

Jackson

"Rosie?" I ask, slightly surprised since I wasn't expecting her to show up at my doorstep.

"Hey, Jackson." She smiles sheepishly.

"Can I come in?" I nod my head and open the door wider for her.

"Your dad....."

"He won't be here for a week or two." I interrupt her.

"Okay....how are you doing, baby?" She asks softly, being careful of what she speaks.

"I'm okay," I mumble as I take her to my room upstairs.

"You didn't come to school for two days. You haven't replied to my calls and messages either. I was worried about you." She says as I lay back in bed with the sheets over my face.

"You don't have to worry," I say through muffled voices.

"How can I not be worried, Jackson? You've never been like this before. You're scaring me." She says timidly while sliding into bed next to me. She wraps her arm over my torso and places her chin on my chest.

"I'm fine. I just need some time alone." I mumble while pushing her away. She frowns at my gesture and climbs on top of me.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not until you tell me what's wrong." She straddles my chest and leans forward to kiss my forehead.

"Come on, baby. What's the problem?" She whispers.

"My bike is gone." I say hurtfully. Rosie let out a gasp before cupping my cheeks.

"What? How?"

"Dad had some debt to clear...........so he stole my bike when I was asleep." I say, trying the hardest to not break down. The last thing I want is Rosie to feel that her boyfriend is a wimp.

"Ohh, sweetie." She gasps softly before grabbing my face and holding it against her chest.

"That's so unfair. He shouldn't have done that. I'm so sorry." I couldn't hold it in me anymore and I broke down. I wrapped my arms over her waist and pulled her closer to me, bawling my eyes out at the same time.

"I know that bike meant a lot to you, Jackson. I really don't know what I can do to make this better for you. But I promise you that I'm not leaving your side until I know that you are alright." She gently strokes my hair.

"I brought some lunch with me. I know that you didn't eat anything the whole day today." She strokes my cheek with her knuckles. I don't say a word, I just close my eyes and nuzzle my face on her chest.

This is exactly what I needed right now.

"So how is he like?" Rosie asks Thea.

"He's very swee- PA PHA sweet. He's the only person in s-school who doesn't judge me." She says shyly. Ever since I told Rosie about Thea and her Tourette syndrome, she has been dying to meet the young girl. Since today is the day that her cradle will be ready, I brought Rosie with me to the shop so that she can meet Thea. She even made some cupcakes and cookies, according to her, homemade sweets express our 'love for one another'. Basically, she just wanted to find a person for whom she can satisfy her baking frenzy. Since I do not have a sweet tooth, Rosie finds it really frustrating to bake just for the sake of her hobby.

"That's so sweet. Here take some more, honey. It's all for you. I got up at 5 in the morning to bake them so that they'll be fresh when you have it." Rosie beams proudly.