Chapter-37

Jackson

"Ow fuck it stings!" I curse.

"I'm so sorry, babe. I'll be more gentle." Rosie says meekly whilst blowing on my scraped knee. She applies the antiseptic on a cotton ball and dabs it on my knee.

"ROSIE! It stings." I whine.

"Ugh, God Jackson! Stop whining like a baby. This is what happens when you play rough in the ground."

"If I hadn't been rough our team would've lost their ass in the match. And for your kind information, I'll stop whining if you tend to my wounds more gently."

"Really? And how do I do that?" She asks. I promptly grab her by her waist, placing her curvy self on my lap.

"Like this," I whisper in her ear, licking the outer shell of it.

"Jackson! What're you doing?" She flusters as if I ripped all her clothes off and made her stand bare, though I would never even think of doing something like that. Rosie is someone with whom you need a lot of patience, it's baby steps with her.

"What? I need my nurse closer to me. Now come on, start tending to my wounds. It's starting to hurt." I hug her waist letting my hands rest on the under of her breast.

"Y-You're impossible." She murmurs before getting back to work. I internally smile since I know that the current intimacy we are sharing, is something that she enjoys too.

I sway gently as I try to unlock the front door but that motherfucker doesn't budge. I keep twisting and turning the key but it doesn't open the fucking the door. Before I could break open the door, it gets unlocked and opened with one swing from the other side. Promptly, my eyes fall on my voluptuous, gorgeous, beautiful Rosie.

"Where have you been, Jackson?" She asks warily. I walk past her and get inside before moseying over to the bathroom. I strip naked and turn the shower on to feel the cold water cascading over me, slowly sobering me up in the process.

I grab a towel and tie it over my waist before leaving the room, inquisitive enough to know how Rosie is doing since I was a total asshole to her.

"Where were you, Jackson?" Her voice comes merely as a whisper. I pay her no attention and grab a pair of boxers before slipping under the sheets.

"Baby......" she sniffles. I let out a loud sigh, already regretting my actions towards her earlier this morning. Rosie didn't deserve any of the crap I did this morning.

"I met my father a few days ago." My voice in a raspy tone. She audibly gasps but doesn't say a word for a minute. For two minutes. Three. Four. Five. And then finally, just before I was slipping into a deep slumber,

"And?" A soft voice interrupts my futile attempts towards getting some sleep.

"That's it. I just saw him."

"Did he see you?"

"No."

"Ohh." I stare at the ceiling as I swallow thickly.

"He........" I croak.

"He looked different. He had a woman, maybe in her 40s, beside him and there was a boy who was around 7 too. I think that maybe, just maybe.....that might be his family."

"But Jackson, why would you think that? For all you know he might-"

"That boy was a replica of him, Rosie. He looked like me when I was his age."

"Oh, Jesus." She intakes a sharp breath.

"He was an asshole to me. But he is not with that boy. He was abusive towards me. But he is not with that boy. He was a monster to me. But........he's a father to that boy. All my life I was under the impression that he wasn't a good father. Not once did it cross my mind that.....I was the problem. I brought the monster out of him. Me. Not him-"