Chapter-38

Rose

"Hello?" Jackson says groggily.

"Jack." I sniffle.

"Rosie? Baby, what happened? It's 2 in the morning. Is everything alright, sweetheart?"

"I-I had a bad dream," I say ashamedly. I know I'm a big girl but if you had a nightmare at 2 in the morning whilst being home alone, you'd be scared too!

"Aww, babe. You want me to come over?" I hear his sheets rustling in the background which insinuates that he's on his way to my house regardless of my answer.

"I-If you don't mind."

"Of course I don't mind, gorgeous. I'll be there in 10."

"Alright. Oh, and yeah, you can use the main door this time. There's no one home."

"The fuck? You're alone? Why didn't you fucking tell me?"

"I didn't get the time! It was an emergency. Mommy and daddy had to take a flight to Lynchburg because Granny fell sick. They wanted me to go with them but I didn't want to miss school. So I stayed back." I say timidly.

"Alright sweetheart. I'm almost there, open the door baby." I jump out of my bed, regretting it profoundly. I was on my period, going through excruciating pain in my lower belly and back. If having a nightmare and being home alone wasn't enough, then this adds up to that. I open the door in one swing and see Jackson get off of his bike in record time.

"Heyyy how's my pretty girl?" He gently takes me into a bear hug.

"Thank you for coming." I say through muffled voices since my face is squished on his chest.

"My baby had a nightmare and you expect me to not show up? Yeah right." He scoffs taking me inside.

"Let's go to bed I'm tired as fuck." He yawns, taking my hand and climbing up the stairs. His steps come to a halt when he sees my room. I internally scream at my stupid self when I see the mess I've made on the nightstand. There's a hot bag, used tissues, chocolate wrappers, and a tub of melted ice cream on it.

"I'm so sorry about this I'll clean it right up." But before I could move Jackson holds my wrist, shaking his head.

"We'll do that in the morning. Let's sleep for now. If you had told me you were on your period, I would've bought something for you." He slides under the sheets after me.

"It's alright. As you can see, I've had enough of junk food for today." I mumble.

"How're the cramps? I know that you have horrible cramps."

"It's fine for now. I did throw up before going to bed." I don't know if it's just me, but I get extremely nauseous during my early days of menstruation. The first three days are horrifying. I'm nauseous, bloated, moody and always in pain.

"I'm sorry Rosie. Come here." He spoons me from behind and massages my lower belly. He kisses my temple occasionally and whispers sweet nothings.

This is just what I wanted. I'm actually glad that I had a nightmare. If I could receive this sort of pampering, then I'll happily have nightmares.

"Go to sleep sweetheart. I'm right here, I won't fall asleep unless I ensure that you're asleep. I promise."

"I love you," I mumble inhaling his fading cologne.

"Love you too, gorgeous."

"So.....you're breaking up with me?"

"I didn't say that, Rose. I just said that  I needed a break. Some space for fucks sake."