Chapter-18

Jackson

"Alright alright, Rosie and her parents are gonna be here soon. So as soon as she enters, you turn the lights on and everybody yells 'SURPRISE!'"  I instruct.

"Wow, I never thought a guy like you could plan a girl's birthday party so well." Jessica says nonchalantly. I narrow my eyes at her fold my arms over my chest.

"Uhm, a guy like me?" I ask, getting annoyed by her. Why is Rosie even friends with people like her?

"You know, the typical bad boy who doesn't give a shit about people." She says taking a step towards me. I unfold my arms and point my finger at her.

"You don't-"

"Okay okay we have a bunch of work to do and you people can argue some other day." Justin says as he separates me from Jessica. I turn around and give her one last glare. I didn't wanna involve her in this, but she's Rosie's 'best friend'. As it is, Rosie has just a few friends, Miley and Jessica. Having just two of her friends at a party would be boring so I brought in my guys too. She is comfortable around Ronny and Justin so I invited just them. The remaining of my friends are all assholes and she wouldn't want them in here.

"Alright, what did Mrs Harper say?" Ronny asks as he blows into the balloon. Yes, balloons may look kiddish for a 17-year-old's birthday but my Rosie isn't any less of a baby.

"She said that they'll be here in 5 minutes and we gotta hurry up with whatever we're doing." I say. Suddenly, we hear the lock clicking and the knob turning.

"Hurry! Everyone hide!" I whisper yell as I turn the lights off.

"That was such a cool movie! Thank you, daddy." I hear Rosie squealing as she enters.

"SURPRISE!!" Everyone yells as soon as she turns the lights on.

"OH MY GOD!" She screams covering her mouth. She looks flabbergasted for a second before she comes running to me for a hug. She hugs my neck and I put my arms over her waist, slightly lifting her off her feet. I would've kissed her to death if it weren't for her parents, who were watching us.

"Thank you so much guys" She says, looking around.

"Cake time!" Miley says as she emerges from the kitchen with the cake in her hand.

"That is a huge cake!" Rosie gasps.

"Yeah. Jackson here, wouldn't settle for a smaller one." Justin says as he sets his camera to record her cutting the cake.

"This cake is delicious!" Mrs Harper exclaims as she savours the cake. I softly smile as I watch Rosie and Ronny dance. Well, Rosie is just laughing her cute little ass off since Ronny is doing some crappy dance moves.

"Jackson." A deep voice calls me. I turn to my side and see Mr Harper looking at me sternly. He looks at everyone like that. Except for Rosie, of course.

"Yes, Mr Harper," I say as I make my way towards him.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asks.

"Sure," I say with a smile as we get into one of the rooms.

"I know what's going on between you and my daughter." He says out of the blue. My smile wavers a little as I am unable to decipher his intentions.

"I'm sorry I don't understand-"

"Don't talk rubbish. You know well what I am talking about." He says. He takes a step closer to me, standing an inch taller than me.