Chapter-29

Jackson

I stand by the side of my bike as I wait for Rosie to finish talking to her friends. Miley says something to which Rosie blushes profusely. She nudges Miley on her shoulder and starts walking towards me.

"What was the little chit chat about?" I ask as I  get on my bike.

"No nothing." Rosie blushes.

"Oh come on. What did they tell so much that got you to be so red? I might as well use it for my own good." I whisper the last part to her.

"It's just.......Miley was telling me that she is going to do it tonight with Chris." Rosie whispers as if it was of top secrecy.

"Do what?" I ask acting dumb.

"You know." She says as she shifts uncomfortably on the bike behind me.

"No, I don't."

"They are having sex, Jackson!" She says as if it was the forbidden word.

I stifle my laughter as I wear my helmet.

"She's doing this because she's afraid Chris will fall out of love with her."

That caught my attention. I remove the helmet immediately and look over my shoulder at Rosie.

"Seriously? She could do so much better than him."

"I know. It's just wrong that she's doing it so that she'll get him to stay with her." She says sadly.

"Will......will you ever leave me if I don't agree to have sex with you, Jackson?" She says looking through her lashes. I give her a teasing smile and kiss her lips.

"Definitely."

I look at the bag in her hand with Becca's Bakery sign over it. She hugs it to her chest and walks towards my fuming self with slow cautious steps.

"I just went to buy something." She says almost inaudibly looking down at her mismatched socks.

"Buy. What?" I ask through gritted teeth. I ball my fists by my side to stop it from shivering because of the extreme angst I was feeling.

"I was craving some cheesecakes." She mumbles ashamedly.

"You wanted to buy some stupid cakes. So you thought it was a good idea to leave the house in the middle of the night, without taking your mobile phone with you, without informing me, without having any PRIOR THOUGHTS THAT SOMETHING MIGHT GO WRONG!" I say raising my voice with each word. Before I even realized it, I was screaming at her at the top of my voice.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. I didn't want to wake you, you were so tired-"

"You don't have to be concerned about me, I am not the pregnant one." I snap.

"I'm so sorry Jackson. I forgot to take the phone with me. I thought I took it." She mumbles as she places the bag on the table and removes her jacket. Before she could remove it completely, I pull her by her arm to face me.

"You think this all a joke? Do you think you did a good job wandering in the streets in the middle of the night? Have you lost it, woman? Are you fucking stupid?"

"Hey, I said I'm sorry, okay? I didn't wanna wake you up but I also wanted to eat the cake. So I didn't think much about it!" She yells.

"You have no fucking idea what I was going through," I said gritting my teeth.

"I wake up to find an empty bed at 2 in the morning. I check the bathroom and all around the fucking house searching for you. I try calling you on your cell but you being a complete idiot, leaves it back here. And when I try to leave the house to look out for you, YOU ALREADY LOCKED IT FROM OUTSIDE."