Chapter-13

Jackson

"Boo." I hear a timid little voice whisper into my ear. I jerk my head to the side and find Rosie beaming at me.

"Who you trying to scare, kitten?" I chuckle as I put my shoes on.

"You." She simply says. I look up at her from my crouched down position, squinting my eyes because of the glare from the sun.

"Jackson, who is that?" Rosie asks. I follow her line of sight and see her looking at Madison.

"She is one of the team members." I say casually whilst getting up.

"A girl?" Rosie asks raising one of her eyebrows.

"Yeah. Why? Can't a girl play football?" I ask with a smirk.

"No it's just, I never thought there'd be a girl in a boys football team. Why can't she be in the girls' team?" She asks, folding her arms.

"Rosie Rosie Rosie, how many years have you been in this school?" I ask her as I casually put my arm around her shoulders.

"11 years? Why?"

"How do you still not know that this school does not have a girls' team in football?"

"I don't know anything about sports okay? And I never bothered to inquire about these things." She says nudging me with her shoulder.

"Does she play okay?" She asks, hugging my torso and placing her chin on my chest to look up at me.

"Okay? She plays freaking amazing. She can stand for the team captain if she gets a little more tough training." I say as I look at her practising with the other guys in the team.

"That's nice." She mumbles while burying her face in my chest.

"Oh, by the way, look over there." I point at a petite redhead who is now standing next to Madison, whilst kissing her........on the lips.

"That's Ally, Madison's girlfriend."

"Hey man, how are you doing?" Clifton asks, patting my back.

"I'm good, just a little hungover." I say as I get back to work.

"I told Rose that you could take the day off." He says reprimanding my will to help him out.
I shake my head with a polite smile.

"No, I'm good, man. There's nothing I can do sitting at home. I'd rather spend that quality time working here." I lie through my teeth. The real reason why I didn't wanna stay home is that I couldn't handle the awkwardness I have with Rose anymore. We were on the verge of kissing when suddenly, my phone went off. I immediately pulled away from her, embarrassed. She seemed to be dejected and excused herself.

As I go towards the storeroom, I hear the front door opening. But I ignore it and continue hunting for a toolbox in the storeroom anyways.

"Hey, what you doing here at this time?" I hear Clifton's muffled voice.

"I'm here for Jackson." A feminine voice says.

"Ohh Alright. He's in the storeroom, I'll get him." He says.

"Hey bud, Chloe's here for you," Clifton says while peeking in from the door.

"What? What does she want?" I ask, not taking my eyes off the rack which is holding the toolbox.

"I don't know, but I guess you should go to her. I'll take care of this." He says whilst grabbing the box from me. I let out an exasperated sigh and go towards her.