Chapter-23

Jackson

"Hello?" I hear a deep masculine voice from the other side of the line as I answer the call from an unknown number.

"What are you up to babydoll?" He asks.

"Who the fuck is this?" I question out of disgust.

"What happened?" Rosie asks me as she continues to stroke my hair. As always, I'm in her room, with my head on her lap at 9:30 PM on a weekday.

"Wait, who the fuck are you?" He asks astounded.

"Woah buddy, you call me on my phone and asks me who I am?" I retort.

"B-But this is the number the pretty girl from the cafe gave me." He says lowly, sounding like a deflating balloon.

"What girl?" I ask him as I eye Rosie.

What did this girl do now?

She looks at me with furrowed eyebrows and a cute pout.

"She's pretty short, got long brown hair, emerald green eyes, and cute freckles." He describes.

"Oh and yeah! She's got braces too. She couldn't get prettier." He says dreamily.

"You sick sick son of a bitch! That's my girlfriend you're talking about. Go dial up some other chick you loser." I bark as I hang up.

"Care to explain babe?" I ask in a sickly sweet tone.

"Well, there was this really creepy guy in the cafe who wouldn't quit asking for my number. So I gave him one." She says with a sheepish smile.

"You gave him my number?" I ask with amusement.

"Of course I did. I'm not mad giving him my number." She scoffs.

"Gosh, for the first time in years I feel that my Rosie isn't a halfwit." I coo as I kiss her cheek over and over again.

"Hey quit being a meanie! Or else I'll give my real number next time." She says teasingly. I flip her back and straddle her waist, holding her hands above her head.

"You take that back, pumpkin," I growl.

"Nope. If it gets you to be on top of me this way, I don't mind giving my number to creeps." She smirks.

Since when did she get so bold?

"Rosie?" I call out as I stand behind her.

"Yeah, baby?" She asks whilst chopping some vegetables.

"Turn around," I say sternly. She freezes for a second and turns around facing me dubiously. I raise the packet in my hand, waving it in front of her.

"What's all this?" I ask softly, trying my best to handle this situation gently. The last thing I want is to flip out on my pregnant girlfriend.

If she is pregnant.

"Where'd you-oh my! It was in my bag!" She covers her mouth. I place the test on the counter and approach her with slow steps. I hold both her arms and gently pull her to me.

"Why didn't you tell me if you doubted that you're.......pregnant?" She looks down at my chest and stutters.

"I-I well, I just-"

"Did you take the test?" She nods, still looking down.

"Look at me when you're talking," I say, a little too harshly. She looks up at me with teary eyes and trembling lips. I instantly feel bad. Her sweet sad face tugs my heartstrings. I curse under my breath and hug her, before kissing her forehead.