Chapter-40

Rose

"Are you feeling okay, sweetie?" I internally wince when I see Jackson's worn out form dragging his limping self towards the school gate.

"I feel kinda fuzzy. My head is killing me though." He says groggily, clutching his head to ease the pain.

"Don't touch it, baby. The nurse told not to." I grab his wrist away from his head.

"How many times I've told you to go easy on the ground, Jackson? Look what happened now."

"Hey, it wasn't my fault alright? I just didn't see the ball coming, so it kinda landed on my head." He murmurs.

"Is it hurting a lot?" I ask apprehensively.

"Just a little. I'll be fine after a nap." He winces.

"Why don't you come home? Mom has made spaghetti for lunch. I'll give you some painkillers after that and put you to bed." I beam.

"No that's fine-"

"My parents aren't home. They won't be home by midnight." I interject knowing very well how petrified Jackson is of my father. My mom is a complete sweetheart but my dad.......let's just say that he's a little overprotective of me and does not approve of Jackson very well.

"Ohh then sure." I internally smile but at the same time gloom over the fact that my dad gives him a hard time.

"Oh God, this is exactly what I wanted after being fucked up in the ground." He hums as he devours the warm meal.

"I'll get you your painkillers and you can sleep in my room, okay?" I kiss his temple. Once we were done with lunch, I took him upstairs to my room and helped him lie down. The bump on his head had doubled its size and I was kinda starting to get worried.

"Don't worry about it. I've been hit before, it'll subside." He murmurs before taking me with him and wrapping us in a cocoon of my comforter.

"Thank you so much for taking care of me today." He whispers into my hair. I smile softly and turn around in his arms to face him.

"I know when my boyfriend needs some good old pampering, and I'm always there for that." I giggle as I see him roll his eyes.

"Now rest your eyes, sweetheart. You have had a long day." I whisper as I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck.

"Do you think she heard us?" I whisper as I nuzzle my bare body closer towards Jackson's, pulling the sheets over us.

"Does it look like I give a rat's ass, babe?" He sweetly kisses my temple, wrapping his arms protectively over my waist into an iron grip.

"But still, I think it was pretty over the line to have sex when you have a guest right across the hall." I retort docilely.

"I can fuck my girl whenever I want. That stuck up bitch can-"

"You have a very bad mouth." I place my fingers on his lips sighing dramatically. He gives me a sly smirk before licking my hand.

"Ewwww Jackson! Grow up will you?" I whine, placing my head over his chest, tracing the beautiful rose tattoo adorning his body. I smile imperceptibly, reminiscing the time when he first showed me the tattoo. It was as if he got addicted to inking himself. There were several other capricious, intricate artwork over his body, luck was on his side because they would be hidden if you were decently clothed. Otherwise getting into the army would've been a big no. But again, if he were rejected by the army, things would've been different, in a good way.