14: Code Red In Many Ways-Fitz

Fitz watched from close by them leaning in to each other, full of love. He couldn't help it, he was jealous. He said to Sophie that he wouldn't be, but he really couldn't help it. So, his body willed him to move forward and he opened his mouth, saying, "Aren't you a fun couple."

     "Again?" Keefe responded.

     "What? I'm not allowed to walk around an area?"

     "You're allowed to be here, you're just not very welcome right now." Keefe said a little snappy.

     "That's not a very nice thing to say to your best friend," Fitz pouted.

     "What he meant was, it's just awkward with you here." Sophie piped in.

     Doesn't help, Fitz thought. But his reply was cut off by Tam and Biana racing over to them, hand in hand. Fitz didn't like the way that was looking, but he decided to push it aside for now, and ask the more obvious question, "What's going on?"

     Sophie and Keefe nodded at his comment, agreeing. "Forkle...here...called code red...meeting..." Tam panted.

   Sophie, Keefe, and Fitz's jaws all dropped. Fitz was the first to recover. "Code red? But...but he said he'd only call that for a real emergency."

"Well, I don't know much so don't ask me, Biana and I heard the news from Linh, Dex, Wylie, and Marella, and they told us to pass the message along to you."

"There's no time to talk about this, we have to go!" Biana piped in.

So they all rushed to a place wheee they couldn't be seen, and leaped back to their dorms.

"We're here!" Sophie called as she rushed into the boys' dorm, Fitz and everyone else following close behind.

"Please sit down, we all need to talk." Mr Forkle gestured to the living room, where Marella, Dex, Linh, and Wylie were all sitting anxiously.

"I'm afraid the Neverseen has found us already," Mr. Forkle began. "They have somehow pinpointed our location, and though they do not know our exact location, they are very close to find us."

"How is that possible? You said we it could take weeks for them to find us!" Linh exclaimed.

"I do not know, I received this information from Squall, she could not provide anything besides that."

Dex raised his eyebrows at the mention of his mother. "What's our plan, then?"

"I'm afraid, Mr. Dizznee, that I have yet to figure that out."

Suddenly there was a ringing coming from Mr. Forkle's pocket. "Excuse me," he said as he answered his Imparter.

Fitz sat there, on his place on a couch, drumming his fingers on his leg, waiting. He may or may not have been planning a game plan. Fitz assumed that the Neverseen would be near their storage area, most likely guarding it, knowing that him and the rest of the Black Swan would soon be arriving there to rob them of whatever they were doing and to take everything.

"I'm back," Mr. Forkle said, bringing Fitz back from his thoughts. "Squall just contacted me, we have more information. The Neverseen are currently at their main storage."

Yes! Fitz thought as he pumped his fist. "Mr. Vacker, what is it?"

"Oh, well you see, when you were gone I was thinking of a game plan, and I was happy because I assumed that the Neverseen would be at their main storage point, and I was correct."