6: Moonlight Magic-Keefe

Sophie touched his hand. The fury in his eyes died down a bit, but he couldn't shake the sadness knowing that she was in love with Fitz. He knew, he felt her heart flutter every time he smiled at her, or complimented her. He knew they would be perfect for each other.

     But he was going to try as hard as he could to make Sophie his, even if Fitz might not like it. Fitz got everything he ever wanted and more, everyone he loved. Sadly, for Keefe it was the opposite, except for one thing: he had Sophie to love. He just wished she loved him back. And he was feeling pretty brave today.

     So he looked at Sophie, and did his best 'follow me' glance. "You know, all this juicy stuff is making me want some juice...be right back."

     "Yeah, and all that juice is making me need to go to the bathroom." Sophie said.

     Keefe walked out, Sophie following suit. She closed the door behind him and he looked back to see her confused face. He motioned for her to follow again, and walked until he thought the rest of the group couldn't hear them. "Meet me on the balcony viewing the backyard. Tonight at 11:00, I have something to talk to you about."

     "Okay."

Keefe knew she would find it, there was only one balcony facing the Vacker's backyard. "Also, you go back in the room first, and I'll actually get some juice so it doesn't seem suspicious."

     "Got it." She winked, jogging back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~a few minutes later~~~~~~~~~

     "Keefe, how's that juice?" Fitz asked.

     "Pretty good," he responded as he sipped his OJ. (I don't think elves have orange juice, but let's just roll with it) Turns out he did need some juice, he was parched! Never thought I'd use that word, Keefe thought. Didn't know it was in my dictionary. Fitz seemed a little suspicious of his 'juice' trip though...hopefully they walked far enough away and no one would crash the party later that night.

     All alone with Sophie Foster, whatcha gonna do, Keefe?

     Who are you?

     Oh, just a more funny version of you!

     How dare you?

     Hah. I also have better looking hair...but that's not the point. You got this girl to meet you, so make it count!

     Thanks for the advice, Mr. Life Coach, but you still haven't answered my first question. Who are you?

     Well duh, I'm your emotional and spiritual mind. Or as you like to call me, 'that voice in he back of your head'.

     Ohhhhhh. And I know what I'm gonna say to her, alright? I'm gonna tell her tha-

     "Keefe?" Someone waved a hand in front of his face.

     He blinked, realizing it was Dex. "Earth to Keefe!"

    "Sorry, what?"

     "We were just talking about that little war between you and Wonderboy that seems to be going on right now."

     He glanced at Sophie. "Oh. Yeah, whatever war this is, know that Lord Hunkyhair WILL rein supreme!" 

     Everyone rolled their eyes at Keefe, though a smile seemed to tug at their lips. He loved pretending that he didn't know what was going on, and he definitely made up for it with his charm and funniness. Didn't he? (Author says no) Oh come on! I totally make up for it! You love my hair. (Author agrees begrudgingly, sighs and steps out of the story). I'm not going to even fuss what that was, Keefe thought.