5: The Sleepover PT 2-Sophie

"KEEFE?" Everyone except for Keefe and Sophie yelled.

    Some in disbelief, some in anger, some in annoyance, some secretly shipping them, Sophie could see it all. And here she thought she was oblivious to everything.

     "The one and only," Keefe said as he stood up from his place next to her, and posed.

     "If you're trying to be a model, just wanna let you know, it's not having that effect on me."

     "Hmm, see, but you wouldn't have even thought of it if you didn't think it was true..."

     Sophie rolled her eyes. She did think he looked good, but she would never let on. It would make his already egotistical self go crazy!

     "Whatever. Who'd you get, anyway?"

     "Ooh, someone's eager to be with the Keefester..."

     Sophie blushed. "You know that's not true, Keefe, you're just next in line to say who they got, if we're going by the order in the circle."

     "Then why can I feel your nervousness?"

     Sophie struggled to find a good excuse. "Maybe...because I'm nervous that you'll throw up all over me when you see that Stina is in your top 3." Yeah, that excuse seemed decent enough.

     "Oh there is no way. We would never be matched, that just sounds weird. And you still haven't said your #2 and #3..."

     "Oh yeah. Um..." Sophie looked down at the next name. She was confused. "Tam...Song?" 

     Sophie looked up. Tam was confused, Biana was upset, Linh was confused...Sophie yet again saw all different expressions from her friends.

      "Okay...my #3 is...Fitz Vacker."

     Sophie looked up again. She was surprised to see that Fitz looked happy. She could also see he was trying to cover it up. Keefe looked...normal, she guessed. Maybe he cared, maybe he didn't. Biana looked like she was about to burst from happiness and joy...but it looked like she was glancing at Keefe too, maybe she shipped Sophie and Keefe as well.

     "Aww, cute, it's the Cognates! You know..." Keefe touched Fitz, "that's some serious joy over here. Fitzy, when you two get married, I get to be your Best Man, right?"

    Fitz rolled his eyes. "How do you know we will even date, Keefe? And you're invading my emotions! Personal space bubble, man. No touchy. Also, for your information, my Best Man at my wedding will hopefully not be someone who spends hours doing their hair every day only to have it be all spiky and weird."

"Dude, you did not just insult The Hair! And by the way, you have more hair products than I do, I've seen it."

     Sophie laughed, "Anyway, Keefe? Read your scroll!"

      Keefe grabbed his. "Keefe Sencen, you like girls who are adventurous, sweet, funny, good looking, caring, honest...wow that's a lot of ways to describe someone. Skip! Okay. My #1 is..." Keefe paused for a long time. "Foster."

     Sophie blushed and looked down. She had gotten him as her #1, he had gotten her as his #1, did that mean they were destined to be with each other? Because Sophie...she kinda liked him...okay, she liked him...okay, she really liked him. His kindness, his bravery, his humor, he could make anyone crack a smile, even in he worst times. And he was there for you when you needed him.

     And his hair was pretty great too...but Sophie snapped out of her daydreaming as a stupid, but necessary thought occurred. What would Grady think? Then she realized...Edaline and Grady had already looked at her list! But they didn't know that 'That Boy' had gotten her as his #1 too...that would be an interesting talk to have at the dinner table when she got back.