10: Going Undercover-Sophie

Sophie got home from her date, feeling so at peace and happy. When she said she loved him, and he said it too, their eyes locked and...she knew it was true. His bright eyes shone like a spotlight, and Sophie could practically see the little cartoon hearts in his eyes. He loved her, she loved him, was it too soon to say it was meant to be?

     She snapped out of her dreaming, and closed the front door behind her, calling, "I'm home!"

     "Hi, honey! We're upstairs in your room, we want to talk to you."

     This should be good, Sophie thought to herself. She took off her shoes and coat and walked up to her room, entering to see Edaline and Grady on either edge of her bed, patting the spot in the middle for her to sit down in. She did.

     "So, How was your date?" Edaline asked.

     "It was...alright." Sophie tried to keep a poker face, but she was pretty sure she was blushing like a tomato.

     "OoOoOoO!!! Sounds like it was more than alright. What did you do? Did you guys kiss? Did he-"

     Sophie cut her mother off with an epic eye roll and a groan, but knowing there was more to their little 'family bonding time', said, "Are we going to address the elephant in the room?"

     "The what?" Grady said.

     "Human expression. It means, are we going to discuss what you've been holding your breath for?"

     "Well...we don't know how you'll react to this, but...Mr. Forkle and the rest of the Collective have asked you and your friends, including Marella and Wylie, to go undercover in...San Diego." Grady explained.

     "Oh."  Sophie responded. "Honestly, I don't know how to feel. But I do have a question: why now, and why go undercover? Also, why return to my hometown?"

     "The Black Swan knows the Neverseen are scrambling from the last attack, and we are planning to make them more scrambled. The Neverseen will receive word in a week that the Black Swan has sent their Moonlark and her friends on an important mission in the Forbidden Cities. We are attempting to lure them into the cities, and while they are there, watch them like a hawk, because we have found out from Glimmer that their biggest storage area is in some part of San Diego. It has all of their plans and ideas, and this could really come in handy with defeating them if we find the area and rob it. You and your friends are going to go to the Forbidden Cities for about two months, try to blend in at college, and keep a low profile. And you have to remember: the Neverseen will think you are on an important mission to find their soporidine stash, which we think is also in the storage area. They will go looking for you, but they will not know where you are, it will take them a while to find you." Edaline said.

     "Wow, that's...a lot. But I really like what we're planning here, this is good. And it'll be fun to be in my old area again, see all of the things I've been missing, take a trip down Memory Lane. When do we leave?"

     Grady and Edaline shared a look. "Tomorrow at 9."

     They left her room shortly after, leaving her to change and go to bed. She started packing her clothes, then realized she would need to wear human clothes, not elvin clothes. She sighed. I'll just buy some tomorrow when we arrive, I guess. She continued packing, going over to her bookshelf to figure out what books to bring. Her fingers traced the bookshelf, stopping at her family scrapbook. She looked at the cover picture  of her with her family at the beach. "Mom, Dad, Amy, I love you guys," she whispered to herself.

     "Maybe it's time to go to sleep?" Someone said at the doorway to her room.

     Sophie looked up to see Edaline. "Yeah," she responded.

     Edaline gave her a huge hug and kissed her on her forehead, then walked out. Before she was gone from Sophie's view, Edaline turned around and said with a grin, "Just so you know, I will get the details of that date tomorrow before you leave."

     Sophie smiled. "Love you, Mom."

     "Love you, sweetie."

     And with that, Sophie went to sleep.

In the morning when Sophie woke up, she got dressed in her most normal elvin clothes, brushed her hair, and walked downstairs. And boy was she glad she put on normal clothes and got ready, because everyone was waiting for her downstairs. By everyone, she meant Fitz, Keefe, Biana, Tam, Linh, Wylie, Dex, and Marella.

     "Hi guys!"

     Everyone mumbled a 'good morning' and ate breakfast that Edaline conjured up. Soon it was 8:50, and they were about to head out when Mr. Forkle appeared.

"Good morning everyone, I will be leading you to your new homes in the Forbidden Cities. Now, if you'll just-"

"Wait, did you just say homes?" Sophie blurted out.

"Yes, you'll be going undercover at Yale, and according to your profiles, you all have A's and have recieved a full scholarship to the college. You will be separated by dorms, Sophie, Biana, Linh, and Marella, and then since there are more
of the boys, Keefe, Tam, and Dex, and Wylie and Fitz."

"Aww, do I gotta be with Bangs Boy?" Keefe fake-whined.

"Unless you want to be with a random human or one of the girls, yes. Now as I was saying, I will be taking you. Everyone, please step outside and form a circle, join hands."

They did as they were asked, Sophie next to Keefe, Keefe next to Fitz, Fitz next to Biana, Biana next to Tam, Tam next to Linh, Linh next to Wylie, Wylie next to Dex, Dex next to Marella, and Marella next to Mr. Forkle. He created a path with the cobalt blue crystal, and the gang was whisked away into a hidden garden in the back of the college building. No one saw them. They walked around to the front of the building, and gasped at the monstrosity in front of them.

"So this is what a college looks like," Dex breathed in wonder.

"Yes, now lets go find your dorms."

Thanks so much for 400 reads! It means a lot! Also, I thought it would be fun to have them posing as humans, since I've been wanting to write a story on the KotLC gang as humans. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next one is coming out very soon! I already have it all planned out! 😃

Word count: 1109

Bye!

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~