20: Winnowing WHAT?-Linh

Linh woke up that morning thinking of all of the things she might do that day. She could go hang out with her friends, she could play a game with Tam, she could maybe even visit her parents.

Nah, I'll just go hang out with my friends. Mom and Dad probably don't want to see me anyway. Linh thought to herself.

So she called Biana, Sophie, and Marella to see what they were up to. She didn't know Marella very well, but she seemed nice, and the other girls liked her, so why not have a little fun with her?

"Hey guys! What are you up to?"

"Oh, nothing much, just chilling at my house." Biana said.

"Same for me," Sophie and Marella said.

"Well, if you guys aren't too busy, do you think we could hang out today?" Linh asked.

"I'd love to!" Sophie, Marella, and Biana said in unison.

Linh smiled at her friends. "Hey, you guys can come over here if you want!" Biana suggested.

"Okay, let me just tell Tam and I'll be over in a few!" Linh responded.

With that, she left the call and yelled, "Tam, I'm going to the Vacker's!"

"Okay!" Tam shouted back. "I'll be here waiting-wait, is Biana going to be there?"

"Tam, it is her house. Why wouldn't she be there?" Linh smirked at her brother's crush.

"I don't know! Wait, could I come and say hi?"

"Unless you want to seem like my parent by 'dropping me off', no."

"Fine, fine, parent it is," Tam sighed.

"That wasn't really a choice...stay here."

With that, Linh called out, "Everglen!" and whisked away into the light.

"Hi Linh!" Biana called as she opened the gate for Linh.

"Hi! Sorry it took me so long, Tam wanted to see you and he was being really annoying."

"Well, I wouldn't have minded if he came by and said hi, but okay!" Biana smiled.

"You two," Linh rolled her eyes. "You are together, right? Because sometimes you guys make it seem like you still don't think the other person likes you."

"Yes, we are together. And we do not do that!"

"You kinda do," said Sophie, walking up from behind Linh.

"Whatever, hi!"

"Hi."

"Hi peoples!" Marella said a moment later.

"Howdy!" Sophie said.

"Huh?"

"You know what, nevermind."

"So, what do we do first?" Marella asked as they all walked inside.

"Maybe..." Biana looked at all of them with an evil face, "makeovers?"

"I don't think-"

"Oh look, I think Tam's calling-"

"I'd better go check on my mom-"

"Save it, girls, I've got a more important thing for you." Della said suddenly as she appeared next to Biana.

"Anything to not do makeovers!" Sophie exclaimed.