22: Girl's Winnowing Galas-Sophie

VALENTINES DAY SPECIAL!!!

It was time. Sophie couldn't believe it. Her first Winnowing Gala. Two weeks had passed by very quickly, and soon Sophie was running around Everglen (where they decided to host) along with all of the other girls, trying to make everything as perfect as possible.

     Sophie was really excited for this. And the fact that she could be there with all of her friends...it was just the perfect party.

But she was so nervous! She would have to talk to a whole bunch of people, dance with them when she barely even knew how to dance...

"Woah, Foster, that's a crazy wave of emotions you're hitting me with. What's up?" Keefe said as he strode into the ball room.

"I'm fine. Just nervous I guess." Sophie smiled at him.

He put his hands on her shoulders. "Hey, you'll be great! And this is a big event. You need to cherish it, not spend a whole bunch of time worrying. You'll miss out on all the fun if you do."

"Wow, who knew the great Keefe Sencen could actually make sense? That was very mature of you, I'm proud!" Sophie said, raising her arm for a high five. "Aww, Keefe, don't leave me hanging!" She said when he just rolled his eyes.

"Well, I have to go, but I'll talk to you later, okay? And I don't really know what to do with that thing called a phone that you gave me in the Forbidden Cities, but I think I know how to contact you..." Keefe said, giving her a hug from behind.

"Okay, just press the green button at the bottom with the white."

"BUT THERE ARE TWO OF THOSE!" Keefe wailed as he walked away.

"FIGURE IT OUT!" She called.

A little while later, everything was set up and Sophie, Biana, Linh, and Marella were sitting down, drinking some lemonade. Apparently everyone had really liked having it in the Forbidden Cities, so they learned the recipe.

Sophie was about to take a sip of her own lemonade when she got a text.

Keefe: Hey Foster!
Keefe: Am I doing this right?
Keefe: Foster...
Keefe: RESPOND
Keefe: I don't think I'm using this right...

Sophie: Relax! I'm here.

Keefe: So I'm using this right?

Sophie: Yes. 🙄😂

Keefe: OH MY GOSH WHAT ARE THOSE

Sophie: they're emojis?

Keefe: How do they work

Sophie: well they resemble a feeling in texting because it's hard to understand what people mean and what the emotion is behind it.

Keefe: Oh 😎. Why did that suggestion come up though

Sophie: I-oh my juice break is up. Gtg byeee

Keefe: Uh...bye?
Keefe: *thinking afterwards* Gtg???

As Sophie closed her phone, she realized there was one thing left to do:

"You guys, we forgot Valentine's Day lights!"

"What's Valentine's Day?" Marella asked.

Sophie smacked her head. "I forgot you don't know what that is. And I would've too, if I hadn't checked my phone and seen the date. February 14th is a holiday called Valentine's Day, where humans show their love for others with greetings and gifts. The holiday can also be a day to show love between relatives and friends. So Valentine's Day lights could be in the shape of a heart."