12: The Donut Shop-Sophie

Here's the new chapter! Let me know in the comments if you want me to do more characters' POVs, since right now it is mostly Sophie's POV and Keefe's. I realize I haven't done a POV for Fitz or Tam, and I'll get on it soon (maybe do a Tiana chapter, because I shop them).

     "Fitz?" Sophie said as she pulled away from Keefe and sat up.

     "That would be me."

     "Um-" Sophie glanced at Keefe, her expression unreadable.

     "Care to tell me what's going on?"

      "Well, we're..." Sophie looked at Keefe and he gave a slight nod as confirmation, "dating."

     Fitz bit his lip. "Okay...well..." he paused,, looking like he was trying to figure out what to say, "why didn't you guys tell me?" Fitz looked a bit angry, and Sophie knew (and she was sure Keefe did too) that one of the reasons she didn't feel comfortable telling her friends that they were dating in the first place was because she knew Fitz liked her and it would be an awkward situation for all three of them.

     "We..." Keefe started, "well, we...wanted to surprise people! Yes. You know, me being the prankster and all, I needed to take this opportunity for granted! Also, somehow Biana and Linh figured out, but we were hoping we could fool the rest of you, so yeah."

     "Okay then...weird explanation, but you are Keefe, so you do weird things."

    "Hey, the things that I do aren't weird!" He paused, "they're super weird! Gimme more credit man!"

     Fitz gave a Keefe a weird look, then turned to Sophie and said, "You like this guy?"

     Sophie laughed in response. Fitz scratched the back of his head. "Well, I should probably go, talk to you guys later?"

     "Okay bye!" Sophie and Keefe called.

     "Where were we?" Keefe grinned. "I think I remember," he said as he leaned in and kissed her quickly.

    After he pulled away, Keefe asked, "So Foster, do you think we could go check out the Ferris Wheel this Friday?" (Sorry I didn't include this, think of this day as Monday)

     Her eyes widened as she thought of the Ferris Wheels she'd always seen while she was in a road trip with her human family. "I'd love to! I've never been on a Ferris Wheel before, only seen them, so it'll be new for both of us!"

     "Cool! Text you the details?"

     "Alright, see you later!"

     "Bye!" Keefe gave her a side-hug and waved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The week passed by rather slowly, probably because Sophie was just so excited to go on her date with Keefe! Of course, the week had to pass by slowly, apparently every time you are looking forward to something, the period of time until you get to do that thing passes very slowly. Opposite if you are dreading it. No one else could know about their date, obviously, but Sophie knew she was going to need some fashion help from Biana. She couldn't even do her own makeup!

     But today was the day, Friday, and Sophie  woke up earlier that day with a smile on her face, because she knew in her gut that day was going to be a great day. And her gut wasn't usually wrong.

     She decided to go on a little morning run to the donut shop around the block, which happened to be Dunkin Donuts. She put on a black sports bra and exercise leggings, deciding that after she ate her yummy donuts, she'd run some more. Maybe walk if she didn't feel like it.

    Sophie ran down to the main level of the college, exiting through the doors and running along, thinking about the world, when she bumped into something hard.

     "Oh, sor-" she looked up to see Fitz smiling at her. "Morning Fitz!" She said as she returned his smile.

     "Good morning Sophie! How are you?"

     "Good!" She bent down to retie her shoe.

      "What are you doing?" Fitz asked.

     "Oh, just tying my shoe, it came undone earlier."

     "No, I meant what are you supposed o be doing right now? I see you in exercise clothes, but..."

     "Well, I'd think you of all people would recognize someone on a run."

     "Oh, I see the rule that two steps per minute counts as running has been made!" Fitz joked.

     "Haha, very funny. But actually, I was gonna head over to get some donuts, you want to come with me?" Sophie asked.

     "Sure." Fitz responded. "And plural?"

     "I like my donuts," Sophie smiled at him.

     They walked into Dunkin Donuts, Sophie getting a chocolate donut and a vanilla with sprinkles, Fitz a glazed donut.

     "So, what are you doing today?" Fitz asked.

     "Oh, nothing much."

     "So something with Keefe?" He asked.

     She raised her eyebrows. "How did you know?"

     "Well, for one, you're dating, people who date do things together, and two, you're blushing. Your voice is also a bit higher, so I know you're talking about him."

     "Huh. And he's taking me to see the Ferris Wheel here and ride one, I'm so excited! Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't be eating so much sugar right now, he said we might get ice cream later."

     Sophie forgot for a second that Fitz was...well, Fitz. She saw his grin falter. She also saw that he noticed, so he quickly smiled again.

     "Sorry." She said.

     "You don't have to be, I'm happy for you!"

     "I hope you won't be jealous, I'm sorry again."

     "I won't, promise." Fitz cleared his throat. "So, how are you liking your donuts?" He said, changing the subject.

     "They're delicious."

Hope you liked this chapter! Please vote if you liked this chapter and comment what you think! Sorry the chapter is so short...

Word count: 971

Anyway, bye, have a great day/night!

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~