Chapter 11 - I will let you go! Let you go!

WT 11 - I will let you go! Let you go!

An unfamiliar, husky sounding voice answered Wan Ting, nearly scared her soul out of her body. But the voice terrified the boy even more and had most of his weight leaning onto Wan Ting's leg.

"Too late... too late..." The boy mumbled like a broken doll. His body was urging him to run, ignore the elder sisters, but his mind was logically telling him that this big sister will be able to save him and he must not go far away from her.

She was his only chance to survive.

"You are the one that hurt this kid?" Wan Ting questioned coldly, disgusted with the kidnapper that abused the innocent boy. "I will hand you over to the guards to be dealt with!"

"My prey had led me to the big, pretty prey~" From the shadows of the alley, a tall figure slowly walked towards them. "You have what I want too."

Before Wan Ting could see the figure clearly, he had already started attacking and his target was Wan Ting! Responding swiftly, Wan Ting pushed the boy behind her and pulled out her long sword from her spatial bag hanging on her belt.

Normally, one would be afraid of facing a much stronger person. In this case, Wan Ting was only a first rank cultivator and the enemy seems to be few ranks higher than her. But there was no time for her to be afraid when their lives were at risk.

"Chu Jin, bring the kid and run!"

Wan Ting fluidly parred the enemy's bare fists with her sword, but her sharp weapon was unable to leave even a small cut on his skin. Each hit echoed with sharp banging sounds, unlike the sound a bare fist could produce. Gritting her teeth as she wondered if the enemy's skin was made of metal, she continued being offensive to buy time for their escape.

But Chu Jin refused to leave. "How can I leave Miss behind!" She had picked up a wooden pole taller than her from somewhere, intending to help Wan Ting to fight.

"You fool!" Wan Ting scolded but unable to say more with most of her energy needed to deal with the increasingly aggressive attacker. Chu Jin was not a cultivator, only a normal human with average strength.

How could she help by staying?!

"Only the first rank cultivator?" The man sneered as he licked his lips. "How long can you resist my attacks, I wonder?"

Wan Ting does not know either. She was getting tired from his fierce attacks and the swings of her sword were getting slower. But she could not just give up now!

"Miss, be careful!" Chu Jin suddenly shouted, surprising Wan Ting that had not paid attention to what her servant was doing.

The shout distracted Wan Ting and she missed the chance to block the incoming attack with her sword. She could only scramble away as a weak attempt to dodge, but her instinct told her that something dangerous was aiming for her at the other side!

Twisting her body and nearly dislocated her hip, she raised her sword up and blocked the wooden pole from stabbing right into her chest from behind. But even if she managed to block it with her sword, the force behind the wooden pole was strong enough to push back her sword and slammed against her chest.

"Augh!" Wan Ting coughed and skidded backward before quickly shifted her sword and directed the wooden pole away from her. If she had continued moving backward, she would have hit the wall.

With guarded eyes and a trail of blood leaking out from her mouth down her chin, Wan Ting stared fiercely at Chu Jin, who had just attacked her with the wooden pole with that huge strength.

She was waiting....

...waiting for Chu Jin to explain herself!

But Chu Jin was standing there with a relaxed smile, using the gaze of a person that was eying a person that was about to die. Clearly, her attack just now was done with the intention to kill Wan Ting.