Chapter 25 - Evoke the protective instincts in him

WT 25 - Evoke the protective instincts in him

"We do not know where she is."

They manage to slip into the enemies' base without anyone alerted, but they have trouble finding the one they need to rescue. 

With their bright-colored clothing in this dark place, they stood out and it would not be long until someone noticed them. 

"Ask someone?" One of the disciples suggested. "I have a truthful pill with me."

"That's obviously a fake," Another disciple retorted. "You think it’s so easy to buy such a miraculous pill?"

"If that won't work, torture?"

Prince Heng cut in, "We will lure them out, and look at which direction their leader came from. It will not likely be the sect master, but one of the elders."

With the wine jar having transported them to this spot, it was likely Miss Wan was held around here. They do not know how vast this secret realm was, but they certainly do not want to lure out all strong evil cultivators to fight them.

"Leave it to me and my disciples!" Elder Qing Shu clenched his fists. "You will rescue the prisoner!"

"Sounds good to me."

Elder Qing Shu's expression turned friendly as he said to Prince Heng. "Your talent is superb, why don't you join-"

"We better start quickly. Please, Elder Qing," Prince Heng cut him off. 

From the words of Elder Qing's disciple, Prince Heng's cultivation was not worse compared to them, and his techniques were on par with their sect's inner disciples. It was truly a high praise and it caught Elder Qing's attention, which ignited his desire to recruit students again.

Elder Qing Shu noisily lamented it was a waste for Prince Heng to not belong in any sect and dedicated himself to cultivation when he had talent.

His loud musings were ignored by Prince Heng. 

At Prince Heng's indifference, Elder Qing could only sigh heavily in regret. He gathered his disciples to launch an attention-grabbing attack. 

Hiding not far away, Prince Heng ignored the outpour of enemies towards the source of the attack, patiently waited for the leader of the group to appear. He could not see what Elder Qing had done, but it was flashy and very eye-catching under the dark sky. The loud fighting had continued on for a very long time, but Prince Heng continued waiting patiently for the big fish to eat the bait.

The leader must have been frustrated that the outer disciples could not deal with the enemy that further disturb their sect, because he finally came out from a hall with a deep frown and downward curled lips. 

Jiu was dressed differently from the others and easily distinguished his position from others. They waited until Jiu marched to the source of the noise before the teacher and student slipped into the hall he came from. 

After peeping from the window, they confirmed what Prince Heng had correctly guessed, for there was a suspiciously large cauldron that was boiling with high fire right in the middle of the room.

There were four disciples in the room, their posture filled with nervousness as they kept glancing between the door and the boiling cauldron. 

Only two shadow guards had stayed with Prince Heng as protection while others helped Elder Qing with distraction. "Master, let us handle them."

"Go."

The moment the disciples saw two strangers dressed in black enter the room, they became terrified. Their eyes betrayed their urge to run away, but responsibilities had tied their legs down. They do not resemble the ferocious and cruel image evil cultivators were well known for.