Chapter 19 - Kill as they please

WT 19 - Kill as they please

When she returned home after work, she should have continued to remain alert even after stepping into her home.

She should have also noticed the strange chill in the air even though the sky was still bright, or the silent surroundings without even a single chirp from the passing birds.

It was too late for regrets.

The first person to sense something wrong was Bao Hai, who sharply flinched as if her senses suddenly came back alive from a forced hibernation. 

"We are surrounded by hostile people!"

The warning came too late, as the strangers with unknown intentions revealed themselves, already surrounded Wan Ting and Bao Hai from rooftop to the ground. The courtyard of her residence that she usually felt spacious suddenly felt cramped and she did not dare to make any move.

"Who are you?" Wan Ting questioned sharply. "This is a private residence!"

None of the masked men answered her and the door to the inner room opened. Wan Ting inhaled sharply when she recognized the person that stepped out with her tied up parents behind him. 

It was that kidnapper from the alley!

Her sword that she had taken out in reflex from her spatial bag suddenly felt useless against the large number of enemies that had also taken her parents hostage.

Wan Ting was only a first rank cultivator. She could hardly defeat one of the enemies, much less saving her parents. 

Shiyi slowly smiled at the conflicted expression on Wan Ting's face. He liked it when his prey was smart and knew their own strength instead of foolishly destroying themselves just for a useless struggle.

"If you don't want your parents to die, follow us obediently."

Madam Wan shook her head with tears in her eyes. With a gagged mouth, she could not tell her daughter to forget them and run. Mister Wan glared at Shiyi fiercely as he struggled to free his wrists from the rope fruitlessly. 

Wan Ting knew she had a slim chance to survive if she ran away now, ignoring her parents. But she was not a cold-hearted person that could sacrifice her parents for her own life!

"I…" Wan Ting felt her head heavy with pressure, yet still clear on what she should do, even if her body felt cold with the helpless numbness as it spread. 

She was afraid of pain and death, but she could not run away from them either. "I will follow you. Just don't harm my parents. They are innocent."

Shiyi slowly smiled. "I gave my word… if you are obedient." 

"...Good." Wan Ting exhaled in relief, looking like a defeated person.

But in the next second, she turned around and gathered her inner energy on her palms. She was not the type to just submissively follow their order!

Careful not to injure Bao Hai, she thrust her palms onto the living pill's torso and sent her flying out. The door was closed when they returned, but they easily broke apart, unable to stop the force of the human cannon from flying out.

Sensing the movement from the enemies behind her, she quickly faced Shiyi again and shouted loudly, "You gave your word!"

Shiyi glared at the girl, angry that she had sent away the living pill. "You-"

"I promised to follow you, but I never promised anything about Bao Hai! If you harm my parents, I will kill myself!" 

Wan Ting placed her sharp sword against her fair neck, pressing threateningly. Her gaze was telling everyone that she was serious, even if her grip was shaking.