Chapter 20 - Full of untapped potential

WT 20 - Full of untapped potential

The killers were all wearing a mask that was painted with a black tree with dead branches to avoid their real identity being exposed. But they did not hide which sect they were from, proudly and tyrannically doing as they please because of other's fear towards their sect.

"Shadow Tree!" The short man bellowed and his hefty stomach trembled from the roar. "Who allowed you to act this tyrannically before asking this elder if you could so?!"

He tossed a pill into his mouth, swallowed it down easily without chewing it and his body started undergoing an amazing transformation. The originally short figure became taller, almost half the height of a two-floor building. His mass also enlarged, following the ratio of his new height.

"Look who it is. It's the Fruity Tree fat elder," One of the masked men retorted fearlessly and rather disrespectfully to the elder if one recognized how young the voice behind the mask was. Among the orthodox sect, the Fruity Tree sect was the one that detested the Shadow Tree sect the most and often got into a fight to the death whenever they happened to encounter each other.

"This old man will teach you, youngsters, how to behave in public!"

The masked men laughed fearlessly at the elder's words but with a single punch from the Fruity Tree's elder, none of them laughed anymore. The unfortunate fella that got punched was sent flying far away, his mask cracked into pieces, revealing a bloody face and a crumpled nose underneath.

"Fellow disciples, get serious!" Shiba yelled from the top of the roof. He was the only one among them without a mask, not afraid of being recognized. As one of the inner disciples of the Shadow Tree sect, he could proudly show off his prestige instead of needing to hide one's identity. He was not the outer disciples that needed to complete dirty tasks without their sect being linked to which would need to risk their lives for.

"Teacher, I will rescue the citizens!" Liu Bing hurried out and Prince Heng's guards joined him to evacuate the place. When cultivators fought, they could change the earth and sky discriminately. Mere ordinary mortals could die just from a glance of the spectacular fight.

The masked men were not weak, but the large man's punches were rather painful even with their tempered body. After experiencing once, they nearly thought their soul could have flown out from their body.

"Bunch of useless fools." When he saw none of his people could hold down the big man from Fruity Tree Sect, Shiba scolded without regard.

He leaped from the roof with a burst of energy from his feet, and the tiles collapsed behind him. Among the numbered disciples, Shiba was the third strongest when it comes to combat technique. He followed Shiyi to the capital, ordered by their Master, and had been unhappy with it. Shiba believed the matter of retrieving the living pill and grabbing the Flame Spirit was too easy for him.

Now that the Fruity Tree sect elder appeared, he finally could flex his muscles and fight without restrain!

Against Shiba, the sect elder could no longer settle things with a single attack. When his fist collided with Shiba's short sword for the first time, he felt something sinister crawling into his body. It was not something physical, and he could not see what it was. Whatever it was, it was slowly draining his energy like a leech.

"Hmph! Dirty tricks!" The elder ate another pill, which successfully stopped the effects of the leeching from hindering him.

Unfortunately, even without the dirty tricks, the elder still has a hard time landing blows on Shiba. Not wanting to waste time, he ate another pill and the flesh on his arms became tighter and muscular. There were hardly any fats that could be seen visibly, all turned into pure muscles!